JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Intermittant fan?

Got an 2000 audi a4, with climate control and aircon, the heater fan is only working now and again, anybody got any ideas?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    The brushes on the blower motor are on the way out. Common problem on older Audi's. You can either replace the brushes or fit a new blower motor, plenty of new ones on ebay usually for around £80.

VW + Audi mad

Status
    Having read of how common failure of heater blower motors are I've been waiting for this to happen to mine....and it did yesterday!
    Could feel residual heat from the footwell, turning up fan speed or turning on windscreen rapid demist didn't do anything , so I just froze for the rest of my journey home!
    Did a search on here and it came up with info that an intermittent fan is the first sign of a blower motor on it's last legs , didn't fancy trying to change the motor brushes (which is all that's wrong anyway) so went for a new fan unit.
    Loads of no-name, no-brand units on Ebay for 45 upwards plus carriage, rising to 85 for a Valeo unit (the Original Equipment supplier) in a Genuine Parts VW/Audi box.....
    Settled in the end for a new boxed Valeo unit for 63 with free delivery on Ebay, hope it arrives quickly as although my fan has decided to work once more its too cold to do any journeys without heat should it pack up again!
    Last edited by Nessy; 17th December 2007 at 01:05.
    '99 Ming Blue A4 Avant TDi SE 110 + Dragon Performance Tuning Box
    Factory sunroof / Cruise / Aircon + Climate / Royale Blue leather

'72 1302LS Karmann Beetle Cabrio Silbermetallic

'63 Karmann Ghia Sunroof Coupe Pacific Blue

Reverse Gear

Status
    Spot on it was the brushes, just turned them round for now until me new ones come. Found new brushes on ebay for 12 and they are easy enough to change.
    Thanks