DIS

Markey

Reaction score
May be a stupid question but i have tried to search for an answer, is it possible to put DIS into a car that does not have it i know the clocks need to be programmed etc because of the imobiliser but would it work ?

Anything is possible, but i believe the intergration to be a lot on the dis sytem,so you would need all sorts of sensors,wiring and control units,as well as the dash and skc etc

Wouldnt even atempt it m8 unless you are an eletrical engineer and have a good working knowledge of low level computer languages 101010101000111011010111 etc.

Very possible.

Early cars won't need the cluster coding either.

Early cars with the IMMO controlled by the "black box" under the steering column won't need the cluster coded to the ECU / key.

Wiring isn't too bad either, if you know what you're doing.

Well if you decide to do this I wish you the best of luck. But I can only imagine that the wiring of this is going to be quite complicated.
Sorry Siena but have you actually done this or have seen a guidde on doing it?
If so could you post up some more details as I would be very intrested in seeing how everything connects up as it may solve a problem some of us have here with DIS not showing doors are open.
Also include the schematics to which relays are connected to the DIS if you can.
Not a job I would untertake myself as if there is no wiring in place for a DIS then I would imagine the cars ecu wont recogise it without adding some sort of coding to the Ecu.
Hopefully Sienna will come up with the goods for you Markey and then you can decide wheter to do it or not.