PERFORMANCE UPGRADE HELP!!!!

AUDI TURBO

Reaction score
Hi im new here. ive got a 1996 audi a4 b5 aeb 1.8 turbo. got k+n, custom exhaust, clear lights and de-cat. big help time. im thinking of getting a manual boost controller and getting so confused on where exactly to put it and what is a safe psi rating???

2ND by replacing my wastgate control valve to a n75j would i see i big differnece and plus to make it more dfficult if i get a mbc some people say to bypass the n75 valve so what the hell do i do???

finally end of year im getting FULL s/steel jetex exhaust system, new forge acuator rod kit, new diverter valve and plus the 2 above items ?what sort of total psi and bhp increrase would i be looking at??

oh i nearly forgot where exaxtly should i fit a boost gauge?? thank you soooooooooooooooo much if someone can help:respekt:

Search the forum m8 theres has been plenty of write ups on this and a few only last week same goes for everything else.
Not being arsey but boost gauges were discussed not too long ago no point opening another thread eh.

I could be wrong, but I dont think many (if any) guys here are running manual boost control valves.

We used to used these back in the old days of tuning fast(ish) fords, rs turbos etc. Manual boost valves were a quick easy way of wacking up the boost and making ur engine go pop!

I don't thing the 1.8Ts would take much abuse that way, you're probably better off looking at remaps.

N

have to agree with macattax you gotta use the search button, it will serve you well, also i dont think sticking a manual boost controller in and cranking it up is the way to go, i think you need to look at chip/remap buddy.

AUDI TURBO said:
Hi im new here. ive got a 1996 audi a4 b5 aeb 1.8 turbo. got k+n, custom exhaust, clear lights and de-cat. big help time. im thinking of getting a manual boost controller and getting so confused on where exactly to put it and what is a safe psi rating???

2ND by replacing my wastgate control valve to a n75j would i see i big differnece and plus to make it more dfficult if i get a mbc some people say to bypass the n75 valve so what the hell do i do???

finally end of year im getting FULL s/steel jetex exhaust system, new forge acuator rod kit, new diverter valve and plus the 2 above items ?what sort of total psi and bhp increrase would i be looking at??

oh i nearly forgot where exaxtly should i fit a boost gauge?? thank you soooooooooooooooo much if someone can help:respekt:

replacing the n75 wont really see you any bennifit they are better suited to cars that have been mapped to help smooth out the boost

i would not botther as said above with a MBC they are a waste of time and will eventually do more damamge than good.

the exhaust ok but dont even bother with getting the actuator arm rod kit where ever that is from it wont make any difference the diverter may smooth the boost but thats only if the old one was faulty.

long and sort of it is save you money and get a remap then think about these other things

I thought the springs in the acuator rods failed after lots of miles????

Has your actuator failed if not then there is not need to replace it, if there are signs that its is on the way out then replace it you wont see any performance gains by replacing it with a new one unless its broken.

i know this silly but HOW would you know if on way out??? ive read loads of people say that that they get weak over time?? plus this is first time that someone has advice against both n75j valve and mbc. reason being n75j as fas as i know delays opening over turbo etc so you get a few extra psi?? 2nd the mbc on stock set up increase on boost works perfectly fine??

You would not have any boost and it could be jerky as its not either opening of closing i can never remember which.

I was not against the N75j i just said its had more of an affect on cars that have already been mapped, some people with stock maps have put them on and notices that for a 100 miles or so it seemed nippier then goes back to normal which could be the ECU taiming back the boost.

I just recon rather than spend out on all this which is not really needed until it brakes its far better to just get yourself a remap and see one huge increase in performance straight away.

ok thanks for help. its jsut alot of people have said when you get a remap these parts a due to fail becuase of increase of boost?? im getting a remap done next year so i was trying to get the parts replaced now ready for the increase in power?

get your jetex exhaust first, forget all the mechanical modifications you are thinking off and with the money u save get a remap . it will configure the standard parts to do the same job or more likely better to work with your current modifications which are good mods. you could do with a k04 to give you some top end rpm if you decide to go further one day

AUDI TURBO said:
ok thanks for help. its jsut alot of people have said when you get a remap these parts a due to fail becuase of increase of boost?? im getting a remap done next year so i was trying to get the parts replaced now ready for the increase in power?

no they wear and tear like any other parts on an old car just replace them as and when needed. boost will not kill them.

i do hope thejetex exhaust system gives a good sound anyone got one of these fitted?? any good??