help b5 brakes

twostrokepower

Reaction score
hello guys
will AUDI RS4 B5 CALIPERS,DISCS go straight on to my A4 2.8 quattro B5

many thanks

simon

i don't think they do if i remember correctly. The s4/rs4 hub carriers are different.

WOULD I BE ABLE TO CHANGE TO S4/RS4 HUB CARRIERS TO USE RS4 DISCS? BECAUSE MY 2.8 BRAKES ARE NOT UP TO THE JOB OF PULLING UP SUCH A HEAVY CAR , HAVE TRIED CROSS DRILLED DISCSA ND UPRATED PADS BUT FIND THE 280MM DISCS ARE JUST TO SMALL.

THANKS

Ok here what you can do Satans Child is selling S4 Hubs with new barrings you will just need to swap out the drive shafts as the S4's will not mate up with the Gear box flanges. then rou will be able to mate S4 or RS4 brakes and disc on that.

Or do the TT carrier conversion with a set of A8 discs.

HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT SATANS CHILD 3-4 TIMES WITH NO REPLY I WANTED AND STILL DO B5 S4 SPEEDO CLOCKS HE HAD FOR SALE .

THANKS

I thought the S4/ A4 had same PCD so the disks would fit the same ?

Ok cool as i have the disks and some differnt calipers on the way just need to get some carriers made up or i was hoping that there were some out there that would fit :)

Markey said:
Ok cool as i have the disks and some differnt calipers on the way just need to get some carriers made up or i was hoping that there were some out there that would fit :)

You will be the pioneer on this one.

Dam it and there was me thinking that i could copy someone :(

Not sure i have the movit brakes coming and i really like their quality think there better than Brembo.
I will see what i can do i may just sell the disks and get different ones with TT carriers.

Markey said:
Not sure i have the movit brakes coming and i really like their quality think there better than Brembo.
I will see what i can do i may just sell the disks and get different ones with TT carriers.

Movit are good so stay with them, me on the other hand work to a budget and the budget needs to include servicing and that means pads.

The B7 RS4 & RS6 Brembo pads cost £300 for a set which is a killer but for my B5 RS4 calipers I picked up a set of pads new for the front and rear for only £70 so this is a strong factor when upgrading although S8 Brembo's seem good with a £100 for a set of front pads.

OK IVE BEEN OFFERED 2 POT RS4 CAILPERS AND DISCS FOR £180 SO MAY JUST BUY AND SEE IF I CAN MAKE THEM WORK ON MY 2.8 QUATTRO ? WHAT DO YOU LOT THINK

THANKS

twostrokepower said:
HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT SATANS CHILD 3-4 TIMES WITH NO REPLY I WANTED AND STILL DO B5 S4 SPEEDO CLOCKS HE HAD FOR SALE .

THANKS

No. S4 clocks don't plug into pre-facelift cars, plugs and wiring harness are different.

hi twostrokepower i am still a member..
ive been logged in all week but i have no pm from you???

i still have my clocks .. pm me asap

dave.. if i dont speak to you before the weekend have a good holiday....
watch dem lions .....:p have a wicked one bruv...:salute:

hello satan

have just sent 2 pm to you please give me a call 01288 321 033 or pm me your moblie

thanks

simon

i have some RS4 calipers and brackets for sale if anyone wants them. good nick.
in the process of getting some adapters made up for B5 A4 hub carrier - B5 S4/RS4 caliper carrier
just waiting for the spare hub carrier to arrive!!