looking for turbo application insight

a427tq

Reaction score
I have a '99 TQ with an AEB. The turbo has blown. It's a 058145703L. I have a brand new 058145703N which "Only fits '03-'06 cab quattros with AMB" according to the dealer. They look identical in every way. Can I use this turbo on my car?

Im not sure do i could not tell you with out pics do you have any ?

if externally they look the same it maybe the compressor or turbine ratios are different, are oil feed and water feeds the same? actuator in the same place etc etc, without looking at them and finding the KKK part numbers i couldn't tell.

Could a ring to Vag parts maybe enlighten you? They are pretty helpful, or at least have been in the past with me.

Post up some pics some of the guys are VERY clued up on the turbo side of things.

anything will work if you put enough effort in!
get some pics posted

I would bet its a K03s and not a K03, if thats the case it will go straight on,no probs. And if you were to have the car tuned/chipped you could get more as the "S" turbo is slightly better

I appreciate the info. I did neglect to mention that the car has a TAP chip, but I imagine that that is not important. The props seem identical as well(same blade count anyway). I guess there is one way to find out...

Does VAG have a tech number? I am unaware of one.

As its off a quattro its more than likely going to be the S if it lookes the same just fit it, it wont do any damage as you can put a K04 on a standard car and nothing changes.