AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

looking for turbo application insight

I have a '99 TQ with an AEB. The turbo has blown. It's a 058145703L. I have a brand new 058145703N which "Only fits '03-'06 cab quattros with AMB" according to the dealer. They look identical in every way. Can I use this turbo on my car?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Im not sure do i could not tell you with out pics do you have any ?
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-forum-b5-chassis/43296-bit-project-going.html
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks

3rd Gear

Status
    if externally they look the same it maybe the compressor or turbine ratios are different, are oil feed and water feeds the same? actuator in the same place etc etc, without looking at them and finding the KKK part numbers i couldn't tell.
    1998 A4 1.8T Sport - For Saturdays
    2003 VW Golf MKIV R32 - For Sundays
    2000 Peugeot 406 HDi - For when it's raining
    1996 Kawasaki ZX7R - For when I'm late for work!

Mods- Forge Dump Valve, The Engine Shop Power Plus based Engine (Low Comp. Forged pistons, Arrow H-Section Rods, Newman fast road cams, polished & ported head), 19" wheels, B&M Short Shifter, Greddy Turbo Timer, RS4 Grill, Weitec GTN coilovers, HKS modified air filter, Autobahn88 FMIC, ChippedUK custom map. Some Turbo mods ongoing.

* J e d i *

Status
    Could a ring to Vag parts maybe enlighten you? They are pretty helpful, or at least have been in the past with me.

Post up some pics some of the guys are VERY clued up on the turbo side of things.

1999 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport - Xenons - Magic Tree

Now gone:

2000 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport - 18" RS4s - Xenons - Remapped 210+bhp - +More - Went bang now dead.

1998 A4 1.8 N/A SE - 18" RS6s - Xenons - Angel Eyes - Fully Colour Coded - Lowered - Full Stainless Exhaust - +More - Writen off by a twit in a rx8

My Current 1.8T Quattro Sport

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    anything will work if you put enough effort in!
    get some pics posted

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I would bet its a K03s and not a K03, if thats the case it will go straight on,no probs. And if you were to have the car tuned/chipped you could get more as the "S" turbo is slightly better

Reverse Gear

Status

Thank you for the response

I appreciate the info. I did neglect to mention that the car has a TAP chip, but I imagine that that is not important. The props seem identical as well(same blade count anyway). I guess there is one way to find out...

Does VAG have a tech number? I am unaware of one.

6th Gear

Status
    As its off a quattro its more than likely going to be the S if it lookes the same just fit it, it wont do any damage as you can put a K04 on a standard car and nothing changes.
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=43296
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks