Buying a 01' S4 Possibly Tommorow, need advice

Chrono7

Reaction score
Here is the listing. I'm going to test drive it tommorow, private owner.

$28,500, '01 AUDI S4, blk, onyx blue int, Tiptronic, 23K mi, pwr glass sunrf, homelink remote transm, htd front seats, Napa lthr, alum mirror housing, invisible bra, 4-snow tires, CD player, fact warr until 10/06. Insp. Exc cond!

Tell me what you think about this from looking at that. Also I have to get auto, it won't destroy performance that bad will it?

All S4's have the same 260HP right?

I'm buying this because I want a fast well handling car that is beautiful on the outside and the inside as well as safe. Is this the right car for me?

I'm 6'5, do you think I will fit comfortably?

Does this one have those amazing Audi seats? (whats the Nappa htd seats)?

I also want to improve the stock performance. What would be the most effective upgrade for this car, or what should I do to it first?

Thanks, all help appreciated.

-Chris

well KBB is around $31,660, so $28,500 doesn't seem so bad.

and yes all B5 S4s have the same HP, but its actually 250HP here in the states, 265HP in europe.

[ QUOTE ]
Chrono7 said:
I'm buying this because I want a fast well handling car that is beautiful on the outside and the inside as well as safe. Is this the right car for me?

[/ QUOTE ]yes...

you're tall, but we're talking about a sedan here...not a porsche or ferrari. you should fit.

as far as performance mods go, the best bang for your buck will be a chip. because the 01 S4 uses a forced induction engine, a simple engine remap and slight change in boost pressure (via chip/software) will realize significant gains. it seems the average chip for the B5 S4 provides roughly +60HP/+100tq these days. that's a huge gain from just a software upgrade. the mods go on, but they increase in price more than they increase in value. to add another 60HP after adding a chip, you would probably need to replace the turbos and some other parts, which would cost several tims more than a $700-$1500 chip.

Thanks I'll look into the chip-ill get that first.

Also what exactly is the RS4? Where is it available? Should I put RS4 parts on the S4?

The tiptronic doens't matter does it? Or is it stupid not to get manual?