Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

My K04 Project pics PART2!

just following on from My K04 project pics!

heres part 2! ive got my main parts from ECS tuning from the US!

includes:

Adjustable 5BAR FPR
    ECS TUNING STAGE 2v2 brake kit
    REAR slotted/drilled back brake discs+ hawk pads
    K04 install kit
    STAGE1 RA4 ECS clutch kit + lightened flywheel
    Heavy Duty control arms set made by Meyle inc. Tie Rod ends!
    Heavy Duty sway link bars.
    Ultimate ECS tuning timing belt kit + blue lightened pulley!

Cars booked in for next weeks, as my holidays are gone i wont be doing it myself! heres the pics:

lightened blue pulley

5BAR adjustable FPR!

custom powerflow Exhaust, Hybrid K04, S4 clutch, Autospeed FMIC, Blue Silicon pipes, ATP Exhaust Manifold, ECS Tuning Adjustable 5BAR FPR +Gauge, DefiLink Boost Gauge, Meyle HD control Arms, Koni Shock + Eibach springs, ECS tuning brakes stage 2v2, APR R1 Divertor Valve, CUSTOM DNA Tuning remap!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    ooooh nice.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    WOW !!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Awesome! Thats gonna be a class job. Also loving the blue pulley sweet m8.
    Keep us posted.

FACELIFT 99.5

Current Mods: RNS-E MMI Conversion,Carbonio CAI,
    Baileys DV30 valve, Tinted windows, Xenon H.I.Ds, Bosch Aerotwins.

Planned mods: Rieger Kit,Engine Tuning, Leather sports seats.
    Accomodation when the missus kicks me out for wasting money on a car.

Status
    dwfo gonna keep u busy nice

TopGear Stockport / Longlife Exhausts /
    www.TopGearStockport.co.uk

6th Gear

Status
    Nice one mate good to see it has all finally arrived some sweet parts there i dribbled a bit while looking....
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-forum-b5-chassis/43296-bit-project-going.html
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks

Smoking is good for you

Status
    Derbyshire, land of the free home of the brave.
    Car bling, gotta love it! Dare I ask how much its costing?
    Never seen yellow Porsche calipers before, kudos for going against the grain and not choosing red, even though they look FAT!
    8P S3 S-Tronic BE. Stage 2 from Awesome GTi.

Gone - S4 bi-turbo - forever a place in my heart!

Aye you know it makes sense

Status
    NICE!! what were the prices fo the discs dude?
    Last edited by Biglockie; 18th November 2007 at 14:41.

All hail the mighty quattro!

Status
    Christ someone's been spending the pennies! Very nice! The good old exchange rate working out well for us at the moment!

Have a look on here for prices in the uk biglockie

http://jbrperformance.co.uk/index.ht...arget=d17.html
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

Bonkers

Status
    Woo Christmas has come early for someone. Very nice.

The uk prices for the brakes are well over a grand for the stage 2v2, even the stage 2 is just over a grand

@ Dappadan, getting stuff from the States, did you get hit with a big import tax bill??

Cheers

N
    A4 1.8T Quattro Sport | H&R Springs | Milltek Cat-back | Custom Code Stage 1 | 18" BBS RXs | Falken 452s |

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks lads!

the stuff didnt work out to bad actually! the value of the order was $4000 US,
    after exhange rate and import taxs it all came up to 2300! which i thought was ok! import taxs came up to 450.

when i looked back in August the stage 2v2 costs 1100+VAT alone in the UK, i enquired about the stage 1`ECS tuning S4 clutch + flywheel woulda cost me 650+VAT! that alone wouldve come up to near enough 2000!

@mattfinn, yellow looks the dogs! i was tempted by the red!

i cant wait to get all the stuff on and remapped. im not after crazy power just got all the mods in place if i do go down the BT route, at the moment its all about getting everything working and see what the ol K04 has got left.

lol just realised i forgot the turbo pics! its a K04 hybrid version they claim up to 270-290bhp depending on mods!

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...121024x768.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...161024x768.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...181024x768.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...201024x768.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...171024x768.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...191024x768.jpg
    Last edited by dappadan786; 19th November 2007 at 14:05.
    custom powerflow Exhaust, Hybrid K04, S4 clutch, Autospeed FMIC, Blue Silicon pipes, ATP Exhaust Manifold, ECS Tuning Adjustable 5BAR FPR +Gauge, DefiLink Boost Gauge, Meyle HD control Arms, Koni Shock + Eibach springs, ECS tuning brakes stage 2v2, APR R1 Divertor Valve, CUSTOM DNA Tuning remap!

6th Gear

Status
    Nice one mate looking very very nice there make sure loads of pics are takin when the work is being done will make a very nice thread...
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=43296
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks

3rd Gear

Status
    are you using standard injectors with the FPR turned up higher?
    1998 A4 1.8T Sport - For Saturdays
    2003 VW Golf MKIV R32 - For Sundays
    2000 Peugeot 406 HDi - For when it's raining
    1996 Kawasaki ZX7R - For when I'm late for work!

Mods- Forge Dump Valve, The Engine Shop Power Plus based Engine (Low Comp. Forged pistons, Arrow H-Section Rods, Newman fast road cams, polished & ported head), 19" wheels, B&M Short Shifter, Greddy Turbo Timer, RS4 Grill, Weitec GTN coilovers, HKS modified air filter, Autobahn88 FMIC, ChippedUK custom map. Some Turbo mods ongoing.

Bonkers

Status
    I've just re-read Dappadans previous thread, dude didn't you order the parts from ECS back in september!!!??

I was thinking of getting some brakes from the States, I would expect a slow boat from china, but almost two months from across the pond is mental.

The turbo looks ace, thou I expect turbo dynamics only do them to order and charge quite a bit.

Cant wait to see the build pics

N
    A4 1.8T Quattro Sport | H&R Springs | Milltek Cat-back | Custom Code Stage 1 | 18" BBS RXs | Falken 452s |

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Markey
    Nice one mate looking very very nice there make sure loads of pics are takin when the work is being done will make a very nice thread...
    yeh, already given the garage a camera lol have to take pics!

Quote Originally Posted by macca
    are you using standard injectors with the FPR turned up higher?
    yup! thats right mate. spoke to the my tuner who reccomended doing it this way i was going to order some injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by naefeart_A4
    I've just re-read Dappadans previous thread, dude didn't you order the parts from ECS back in september!!!??

I was thinking of getting some brakes from the States, I would expect a slow boat from china, but almost two months from across the pond is mental.

*LOL* Ummm....August. but had problems with payments and allsorts with the wire transfer more down to the US bank than ECS!

The turbo looks ace, thou I expect turbo dynamics only do them to order and charge quite a bit.

Cant wait to see the build pics
    they did just cost over 1200 inc delivery, i know i couldve gone BT easily with a GT28RS or bigger! but i wanted reliability and use the car for day to day use. id be happy with 280bhp!

* J e d i *

Status
    mmmm shiny bits v.nice

1999 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport - Xenons - Magic Tree

Now gone:

2000 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport - 18" RS4s - Xenons - Remapped 210+bhp - +More - Went bang now dead.

1998 A4 1.8 N/A SE - 18" RS6s - Xenons - Angel Eyes - Fully Colour Coded - Lowered - Full Stainless Exhaust - +More - Writen off by a twit in a rx8

My Current 1.8T Quattro Sport

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    will the FPR give you enough to play with on the Map and turbo? what standard injectors are you running?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb
    will the FPR give you enough to play with on the Map and turbo? what standard injectors are you running?
    from what my tuner tells me yes! its the standard injectors that came with the car. couldnt tell u exactly which ones but the car is a 1.8

Owner

Status
    Whats the difference between that and a normal K04? I had a look at your pics but is hard to tell. I had a look at my pics next to yours but the bag gets kinda in the way.
    A4 1.8T Quattro, FMIC, Coilovers, B&M short shift, 312mm Brakes, Stage 4 clutch, Awe Gauge, Uprated antiroll bars, plus more bits. Pics Here

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupie69uk
    Whats the difference between that and a normal K04? I had a look at your pics but is hard to tell. I had a look at my pics next to yours but the bag gets kinda in the way.
    main differences are the larger compressor wheel, bearrings and insides are machined so it flows more and gives more bhp! from outside looks the same.

HTC
    6th Gear

Status
    Mmmmmm, nice new shiney car parts!

Shame about the carpet :-)

Not picking, but did you consider one of the eliminator kits from ATP? I hear they work okay on A4s.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC
    Mmmmmm, nice new shiney car parts!

Shame about the carpet :-)

Not picking, but did you consider one of the eliminator kits from ATP? I hear they work okay on A4s.
    pmsl@carpet i know! thankfully its not my place :P

i did consider it after weeks of reading up in the forums and lots of people having problems in terms of unreliability and constant tweaking to get it right i decided against it!

also tuner said the K04 route was wiser and the remap is alot more stable and he would custom tweak it for me so it ran perfect!

maybe in future might go ATP, but my cars not quattro and i dont really want to push more than 300bhp on a FWD!

next step will be forged pistons and rods!