Glovebox Removal , Relay Locating

mrg

Reaction score
I need an ignition switched positive for some ICE and want minimum panel removal and as close as possible to HU. Any ideas?

ICE is an MP3 player.

MRG

You should have a switched positive going to the HU, isn't that close enough for you?
Newer Audi's don't seem to have an ignition on lead (using the CAN-BUS to tell the HU that the ignition is on), in which case you are looking at picking it up from the fuse box (S-Cont - Radio). This is detailed in the ICE forum for an A3, should be similar for an A4. But yours being a B5, it should already have one going to the HU, is usually a red wire with a yellow stripe.

AndyMac,
Thanks for that will look for red wire/yellow stripe. I know HU should have switched pos. but I've got SatNAv Plus unit which seems to have it's own ideas. Played with multimeter this afternoon. Thought about taking switched pos. off heated seat plugs but couldn't get climate console out or heated seat plugs off. Pretty poor afternoon really!

Trying not to do too much damage as this is the most expensive car I've ever owned and at the momenet it doesn't rattle.

Any more advice appreciated,
MRG