2000 RS4 Brake setup onto 1996 A4 1.8T

Im almost 100% certain the suspension will not fit because the RS4 has quattro etc

i think the front bearing carrier is different on the s4 and rs4

hub carrier is different, track width is different and the caliper carrier bolt holes in the hub carrier are different between A4 and S4/RS4.
The suspension may fit, I say this as the KW V3 coilovers I have are listed as the same model for A4/S4/RS4 although the height adjustable bit may mean that they fit when others wouldn't

brakes don;t fit straight on but I am working on it!!
360mm B5 RS4 disc and caliper, bolts straight onto an S4 hub carrier
IMAGE_112.jpg

same S4 carrier with 360mm B5 RS4 disc and 4 pot lug mount brembo showing flange adapter needed.
IMAGE_110.jpg

18" RS6 wheel with above set up ; )

IMAGE_070.jpg

I tried this years ago - from memory the splines are different on Quattro driveshafts, especially between S4/RS4 and lower models; meaning you can't fit the hubs. You may be able to swap to Quattro drive shafts if the CV cup bolt pattern is the same on your gearbox.

Hi Stewart,

Long time no hear what brings you back?

So when you say the splines are different are you saying the 1.8t spline will not fit in to the RS4/S4 hubs or that they will not bolt up to the 1.8T flanges?

Hello Dave! I've got an S3 at the moment.

In answer to your question; the S4 uses a larger front wheel bearing than FWD models, and has a larger diameter drivehaft (more, larger splines compared to FWD).

I never tried a non-S4 Quattro shaft in an S4 hub - they may fit.

Mark

Thanks for the replies

Tonight i checked and caliper mounting holes are different as i was going to use the RS4 calipers i have but suspension looks very similar.

Going coilovers now

Craig

mwstewart said:
Hello Dave! I've got an S3 at the moment.

In answer to your question; the S4 uses a larger front wheel bearing than FWD models, and has a larger diameter drivehaft (more, larger splines compared to FWD).

I never tried a non-S4 Quattro shaft in an S4 hub - they may fit.

Mark

S3 nice..
I will have to find out if the 1.8t Quattro drive shaft will fit as I have the full RS4 setup and was planning on fitting it to my 1.8t. I was aware the drive shaft did not bolt up to the 1.8T gearbox flanges and just assumed the T drive shafts would fit. This will put a spanner in the works if they don’t and I will have to wait till I get my 6 Speed box.
:keule: