B7 RS4 steering wheel onto B5 S4?

stapo69

All hail the mighty quattro!
Reaction score
Anyone fitted one of the flat bottom new RS4 steering wheels to there B5 A4/S4/RS4? Bolt straight on? Any probs/issues?

Here's a pic of the wheel to help anyone out.

image26602_b-caradvice.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated.

Almost positive i've seen one fitted to a b5 in a pic but as to the hows/wheres/whens etc i cant help i'm sure maybe doc would be the best man for that q.... ?

Didn't Olly_K do this on his B5 RS4?

IIRC, Doc's right, you can't get the airbags working, although I think someone managed to get the multi-function steering wheel buttons to work.

A little more info but I will hunt for more.

in the back of the air bag there is a purple and yellow connection...you need to pry up to release the harness and swap to a B5 compatible harness. Harness you will need is part number 8Z0-971-589-M

So it should bolt straight on, think i could sacrifice airbag for a wheel that good looking! Just the price that's a slight issue now! I'm sure i've seen pics of it done somewhere, but can I find em?!!!! My favourites is full of crap like that, but never the crap you want!

mate of mine has one in his RS4 B5 so it fits physically but the wiring to the airbag is different, at some point we'll have a go at sorting it, i think it can be done but it's a case of checking the drawings to see what triggers what, it's not the sort of thing you undertake lightly, lol

that dog is funny! best security you'll get!

£18k and it's yours! Not too bad I don't think for fully loaded motor like that. KW coilovers, full Milltek, AMD remap, 405bhp, 8 pot brakes. And in the best colour of course! I want, I want so much. Anyone wanna buy my S4 for £18k...........:icon_thumright: