AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Alloy wheel fitment advice

Hello guys, I might be buying some alloys for my 1999 A4 avant, they are 18"x8j, 5x112, 45mm offset, Ive looked at a fitment guide and that says they are ok, just after some confirmation really,

Also will the bolts of my alloys now fit the new wheels ok,

Thanks in advance

ian

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    OEM wheels have a rounded fit on the bolt. Aftermarket wheels tend to have tapered bolts. The OEM bolts will still fit, but will have less surface area touching the rim.

I changed mine when I got new wheels, but the old ones were looking fairly grotty anyway (I imagine yours probably are as well at 8 years old). Mine looked a lot tidier with new bolts one.
    Mo power, mo problems

Neutral

Status
    Ok mate many thanks for the reply, what about the fitment, is 45 offset ok,

They are rs4 replicas btw

cheers ian
    Last edited by iantype-r; 12th November 2007 at 19:21.

5th Gear

Status
    wit a 45 offset and an 8 inch rim you may find it will touch or will be very close to the suspension, would be better with a 35 offset, will push the alloys further out and will look better

my rs4 are 35 offsett and 8 inch wide

* J e d i *

Status
    hmm i might be wrong but my old rs4 alloys were 45 offset can anyone else confirm?

1999 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport - Xenons - Magic Tree

Now gone:

2000 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport - 18" RS4s - Xenons - Remapped 210+bhp - +More - Went bang now dead.

1998 A4 1.8 N/A SE - 18" RS6s - Xenons - Angel Eyes - Fully Colour Coded - Lowered - Full Stainless Exhaust - +More - Writen off by a twit in a rx8

My Current 1.8T Quattro Sport

Neutral

Status
    Many thanks for the replys guys, will they not fit then, I dont want to go buy them if they are not going to fit,

many thanks

ian

* J e d i *

Status
    I think they will some1 else will confirm, let me have a wee check on z net brb

Now gone:

2000 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport - 18" RS4s - Xenons - Remapped 210+bhp - +More - Went bang now dead.

1998 A4 1.8 N/A SE - 18" RS6s - Xenons - Angel Eyes - Fully Colour Coded - Lowered - Full Stainless Exhaust - +More - Writen off by a twit in a rx8

* J e d i *

Status
    rochford tyres says 5x112 et45 best i can do som1 that still has some rs4's can confirm, you dont want the dragster look with the wheels sticking out from the rims do you? unless ur a boy racer

Now gone:

* J e d i *

Status
    + aint it ilegal for the tyres to stick out past the arches?

Sorry rims = arches above

Now gone:

6th Gear

Status
    It is yea. I have 18x8 with 38 offset and 5mm spacers so effectively offset 33 and no problems.
    Built in Germany, Perfected in England

5th Gear

Status
    as i said i have rs4 fitted with 35mm offset and they sit perfect in the arch they dont stick out past at all and look much better than the 45 standard wheels that were on before as they sat to far into the arch and looked lost.

im saying yes they will fit as standard offset is 45 (well on the 2.8 q it is) but they have 7 inch rims and your put on 8 inch so may be very close to the suspension either with the rim or the tyre (and that would depend on what tyre you fitted size/make)

cant you trial fit them first? if not as the shop whos supplying them if they will defo fit and then if theres a problem make the sort it