Volks AutosMonster Motorsport

Thread: DAB Stereo

Grumpy Old Man

Status

DAB Stereo

Has anyone out there installed a DAB head unit in their car? I do not like the Concert system in my A4, and am thinking of losing it for a Blaupunkt Woodstock 53. If anyone's got experience of this, or any other DAB unit, I'd like to hear it.

Cheers

JEFF

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: DAB Stereo

I very nearly bought it a few weeks ago.

From what I cuold work out the only plus point it has is that DAB is built in. Problem is the HU itself isn't that good so your sacrificing sound quality to get DAB.

In the end I opted for a Clarion Unit which has a DAB option (which I havn't bought) but the overall qualty of the unit is excellent.

Comparing it to the Audi HU it's a great improvement.

Grumpy Old Man

Status

Re: DAB Stereo

Thanks for the feedback, that's interesting. I've not had chance to listen to the Blaupunkt in place yet, so can't comment on the overall quality of the head unit, but the reviews I've read have all been good. As to only getting DAB, that is the point, (for me at least). I very rarely listen to music in the car, I have a dedicated music room for that at home. 90% of my in-car listening is radio, so high quality radio reception is of far greater priority for me than CD-sound (& let's face it, the Concert system that's in there now sucks big time). I do quite fancy an integrated solution, which the Blaupunkt provides, but I will do some more research before deciding what to get.

Thanks again

JEFF