Carbon dial surround

I have one.

Did not think it was a great fit but then it was over a year ago I fitted it and you can get them with rings already in them.

The weave seems to really go with the OEM look.

Can't really see from that photo, but have you added the silver rings as well?

Dave,is that an oem trim on the centre console? i have a double din to fit but do not have the trim aound the stereos etc.
If its OEM could you find the number on it anywhere?
Ta

Byzan A4 said:
Dave,is that an oem trim on the centre console? i have a double din to fit but do not have the trim aound the stereos etc.
If its OEM could you find the number on it anywhere?
Ta

Mine is a custom job using a B6 adapter.

The Symphony fits straight in and covers the whole area it sits in.

Blue_Thunder said:
Never seen these before: http://cgi.ebay.de/ECHT-CARBON-Tacho-Tachoblende-Audi-A4-B5-S4-ohne-Instr_W0QQitemZ260176453247QQihZ016QQcategoryZ72977QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Has anyone here fitted one of these? Think they look well smart from the photos, but not too sure if it would look OTT when fitted.

:icon_thumright: OR :Flush:???

Love that :hubbahubba:

Should be much easier to fit than my ally rings that'll need glueing in (if I ever get round to it).

I have the ally dash/door inserts though.

mmmmmm. I like them! Better than the usual stick on fake looking crap you normally get.

Andy.B said:
Rings in them to??? Where :):):)

Link

M_CARBON_BEZEL_BLACK_SAMPLE_A.jpg

Yep i like them :) much better with the rings in IMO

I like these, but how do you fit them?
Looks to to you need to remove the perspex cover from dash, this is very difficult without cracking?

You need to take the whole cluster out and open it up from the back.
Think there's a write-up on here somewhere with pics.

I had my dash out to fit ally rings, you seperate the dial unit from the front
perspex unit.
I cant see how you fit these without removing the perspex.
can you find how to guide?

norad97 said:
I had my dash out to fit ally rings, you seperate the dial unit from the front
perspex unit.
I cant see how you fit these without removing the perspex.
can you find how to guide?

They are flexible so you just fold them a little to slide them in through one of the holes.

You can bend it that much :unsure: and its genuine CF ?? Blimmy must be really thin, those photos make it look quite fat.

Basically carbon is a sheet of cloth that is mixed with a type of resin but the type of resin used to make the facia is a flexible type.

Ah gotcha ;) will be ordering one of these as soon as my car is back on the road. Prob a nice finishing touch to my interior bar a set of nice floor mats.