anyone interested in a cheap turbo?

jcb

Reaction score
Going to the States in 5 weeks, picking up a GT2871r for about £500.
was thinking of getting a couple......

Byzan A4 said:
cheers dave already in my watch list,its just the balencing that may prove problematic

You can send it to them to build your turbo it will bring a K04-15 up near on a TT KO4 so power could be in the 260bhp area if there info is correct.

Think

Byzan A4 said:
cheers dave already in my watch list,its just the balencing that may prove problematic

You can send it to them to build your turbo it will bring a K04-15 up near on a TT KO4 so power could be in the 260bhp area if there info is correct.

Yes, T25 flanged - GT2871 56 trim with .64 A/R hotside.

cool!! thats the roller bearing unit too?? what about a manifold???

working on that!

IMAGE_006.jpg

I agree Dave

might be interestd in one, where did you get the bits Ed

flanges designed by Badger Bill, merge collector from Burns Stainless, pipes from .....forgotten the name (any old stainless provider will do em).
I need the Turbo and block back before I can start putting it together as they need to be built around the space of the engine bay, location of turbo, MAF, D/P, exhaust, head flange etc.
Once I have this one mocked up I can build a jig and knock up some more.
It is not a full time job but they are likely to work out around £400 all being well. 10mm flanges, 316 SS Sch10 1.5" tubing, laser cut and robotically TIG welded low angle merge collector (that thing is $220 by itself...but worth it)

just don't hold your breath, chances of this thing being on the road and finished by March are very slim! I am away for 6 weeks, then there is the Chistmas NY break, car is in the paint shop for 2 weeks, don't get the block components for another 5 weeks......and I have to find time to work in there somewhere!!

LOL no problem fella, I wont be ready till then anyways I'm in process of preparing to mve house and getting married next october so you can imagine thw work load, oh and I start a new job anfter Crimbo!!

Thta could be an idea Craig, the Eliminator range from ATP??

not sure I can get ATP turbos, just the main Garrett range. will check though
GT28RS is the same price AFAIK, about $11-1200

Nic eo one if you cant ge the ATP range the normal GT28rs will be fine fella, I'll ge tth codes from the garrett site for ya.

Decided its gonna be the GT2860rs with the 0.64AR housing!!

Craig I've been told the eliminators are laggy, not sure how true it is, loogin at an APR manifold with a T3 T25 flange on it

I heard that too, much worse than the GT28RS etc. just a mismatched combo of compressor and turbine I think

Aye its the old disco potato for me Ed. the 28Rs should be fine with 0.64 housing.

you can get a t25 manifold for £150 (another thread on here) and then you are open to any amount of better turbos

guys putting in bigger injoectors???

i've got a site in america that does them cheap as chips even with import tax they are cheaper than here

not bad, mine are $300 for 4.

beware of importr tax though.
Last few items I have had tax applied to it worked out at close to 40% once they have taken a percentage of goods value AND shipping cost and then added VAT to it!!
have an arguement with DHL on the go at the moment as they claim that someone paid $50 to ship me some sunglassed worth...wait for it.....$40!

They want £12 tax on something that cost me £25!

docurley said:
This may be of intrest to you Link

I have bought one and my turbo is on its way to be rebuilt, i will let you know how it goes
$550 for the kit and the rebuild, so lets see what happens

Byzan A4 said:
I have bought one and my turbo is on its way to be rebuilt, i will let you know how it goes
$550 for the kit and the rebuild, so lets see what happens

Please do as they state this conversion on a K04-15 will bring it in to the 225 TT kO4 turbo range which as most know will see around 260-280bhp which is way better than the 240bhp the K04-15 can reach.

The company is based in Poland by the way

docurley said:
Please do as they state this conversion on a K04-15 will bring it in to the 225 TT kO4 turbo range which as most know will see around 260-280bhp which is way better than the 240bhp the K04-15 can reach.

The company is based in Poland by the way

I know, it only costed £30 to post it to them, and so far they have been in touch all the way. Sean the guy that runs it is an american living in Poland, he is very knowledgable:respekt: :readit: , and fortunatly things are cheaper in Poland than here or in the US.

The total will be around $600 ish returned to me balanced and rebuilt. I am having a new shaft fitted too .

So for £300 i am having a fully rebuilt upgraded turbo, BARGAIN !!:hubbahubba:

Sounds good, so they just fit in a few bigger bits and make a k03 better than a K04?

You going to get a custom map since it will be a strange turbo?