AH FabricationsSky Insurance

Thread: b5 s4 FMIC

4th Gear

Status

b5 s4 FMIC

Hi has anyone fitted a fmic to there s4 or seen any fitted ,would it be better than rs4 one?
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

6th Gear

Status
    FMIC's are more efficient than RS4 coolers and will allow running higher boost (if you're K04'd). Other options are modified RS6 coolers and AWE coolers are also quite highly rated.

I've stuck with RS4 coolers, they're good for over 400bhp and you might get lucky on a second hand set.

If you're still running K03's, I don't really think you'll see much benefit from uprating your intercoolers.
    Mo power, mo problems

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Thunder
    If you're still running K03's, I don't really think you'll see much benefit from uprating your intercoolers.
    I disagree (with my car anyway)

It may not gain the car with huge dollops of extra power, but it would help aid and maintain consistent boost pressures in warmer weather.

Mine suffers badly with heat-soak, and after a good few flat-out blasts on a hot day,.........it dies on its ass. Really loses its edge and sparkle.

Any OTHER turbo car I've had with a stock intercooler has benefitted with an increased surface area/exposure,............and I don't see why an S4 would be any different