S4 windscreen-washer-bottle leak.

Dan Gliballs

Reaction score
Hi all :icon_thumright:

No wonder the warning light is flashing on the dash,.......................when I fill the reservoir up, it all drips straight out the bottom again (relatively quickly) :bye:

1999 B5 pre-facelift S4.

Am I correct to assume that the sensor might be mounted from the bottom/near the bottom? Could a plug/sensor have vibrated its way out?

As this is an S4, shall I also assume that it's an absolute cnut to GET to??? LOL

Cheers in advance :thumbsup: :salute:

Not too bad to get the bottle out. Had to take mine out the other week to take my ABS module off. Need to go through your arch liner. Jack her up, remove the million screws holding the liner in and pull that out the way, 2 bolts inside there holding the bottle and 1 inside the engine bay at the top. Then the 2 pumps just pull out. Unclip the connector blocks and hoses and with a bit of gentle persuasion she'll wiggle out. Easy job. Think mine's got a bit of a leak too, wasn't sealing too well around the lower pump, bit of cracking there. Bit of silicone'll sort that for now!

I had the same problem turned out to be a cracked light washer motor housing i took it out cleaned it and re sealed it , job done all in under an hour

does anyone elses washer water smell like old eggs when you spray it. i use washer fluid not just water