Wedding Woes

SonicDeathmonkey

Reaction score
So I am getting married next March. Do you have ANY idea how much it ****** costs?

Just been to see the photographer. For what "she" wants, £1,600. Bargain.

For that, any finish we want on the album is included in the price!!!

I thought I take the **** with what I charge, but those guys???? Mental.

Post your wedding woes on this thread to make me feel better....

Off to Oz for the wedding we think. Honeymoon at the same time, too far for the family so nice n cheap !

if anyone knows why sonicdeathmonkey should not b wed please say now!!!

I got married 3 years ago and I still hoping around from loosing the leg, I drive and auto as I now onl have one arm

On the plus side it is worth it if thats what your young lady wants :)

Lets be honest it's her day after all...

J.

marriedblonde said:
I got married 3 years ago and I still hoping around from loosing the leg, I drive and auto as I now onl have one arm

On the plus side it is worth it if thats what your young lady wants :)

Lets be honest it's her day after all...

J.

Yeah it will cost an arm and a leg allright.
You know I always thought you were a bird! lol
Only noticed your sig just now :lmfao:

Wedding costs - they do add up don't they!
Everything costs from ringing the church bells to royalties on any hymns you play in church to paying to be able to take your own video in. The list goes on and on and then on a bit more.

I wish you all the best in your future and only pray that you end up better than I did. After 14 years of marriage to the woman I thought the world of I found out she was having an affair.

If you think the wedding is expensive; thats nothing compared to the divorce!

Honestly I don't want to put a downer on things. I'm sure you will have a great day and somehow all the money seems insignificant on the big day. Don't scrimp on anything as you only do this once so do it right.

Good luck to you both.

Get the father of the bride to pay for it all:icon_thumright: it tis tradition after all..

Ive just sold my house..and am buying one with the gf should be on the move soon..does in a little way feel like im getting married if you no what i mean?

By the way good luck with the big day!!

macattax said:
Yeah it will cost an arm and a leg allright.
You know I always thought you were a bird! lol
Only noticed your sig just now :lmfao:

Your not alone in thinking that but I can assure regardless of what my wifes says about me being a big woman I am male :)

Well, she has just called to say she has found the dress. When I asked how much, she said we needed to talk when she gets home.

Thats woman talk for "a small fortune".

If the engagement ring is anything to go by, thats going to be alot. Hell of a lot.

I thought I was a money grabbing bar-steward being an IT consultant, but apparently, wedding photography is the place to be. Now looking at 1600 quid for the photos!!!

I mean, these people take advantage of you on what supposed to be the best day of your life!!!

That's exactly why they take advantage - as soon as you say it's for a wedding everybody triples their prices as they know no one's going to want to be seen to be haggling over the price for the big day.
My advice is where possible don't say it's a wedding - just a party. Get a friend to take the photo's - wedding photo's are a massive scam and then you pay again when you want reprints.
£15k is the cost of an average wedding - well worth it though think of all the stress & arguments leading up to it, the ridiculous amount of planning, the speeches etc all for one day that'll fly by in an instant!
Keep it small, spend the money on the honeymoon and wherever you have the reception don't tell them it's a wedding!
We kept our wedding under £2k, but I do have a very sensible wife who definately did not get carried away with such a massive waste of money.
I would ask your fiance that if she really wants to spend £15k on her "big day", then you want to do likewise and take 30 mates on a Jonathan Palmer Raceday!

Might be cheaper to build a robot wife might not be too hard to get into cybernetics what with having an IT background.
You can all write about robot wives by using the text below :blahblah1:.

Pros of a robot wife:
Cons of a robot wife:

:o.k:

Good Luck mate, im in the same boat as you just now and i thought we were expensive getting a photographer for £1300 :sob:

The money is the least of your worries mate! I hope you don't like getting laid much:sex: cos you can forget that after your wedding night:no: ... I think my missuses minge has healed up! She even had to have a caesarian with our son!!!

why does the bride smile at weddings?

She's given her last bj :slap: