Sky InsuranceVolks Autos

Thread: I'm back....

2nd Gear

Status

Talking I'm back.... Pic of new B5 added

Hi all, after about 5 months of having sold my 1.8T Sport, buying a new 'bike and getting soaked riding it in the "summer" , buying a Volvo 850 T-5, selling it for a 500 profit and buying the Mrs. a new car and enduring her old battered 306 Dturbo for a bit, i've ended up with another 1.8 T Sport.

Bought an Avant this time, picked it up today after a long day's 400 mile round trip, including the F'ing M25 this afternoon!

Will post up pics - and a few questions, in the next few days, so it's Hello again to the best car forum i've ever used.

Time for a few Stella's now as it' too dark to clean the car up...
    Last edited by JayB5UK; 16th October 2007 at 19:32.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Nice one welcome back then
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-forum-b5-chassis/43296-bit-project-going.html
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks

2nd Gear

Status
    Good choice ! Welcome home m8
    So you will probably have to start modding all over again from scratch or has it already been modded?

FACELIFT 99.5

Current Mods: RNS-E MMI Conversion,Carbonio CAI,
    Baileys DV30 valve, Tinted windows, Xenon H.I.Ds, Bosch Aerotwins.

Planned mods: Rieger Kit,Engine Tuning, Leather sports seats.
    Accomodation when the missus kicks me out for wasting money on a car.

2nd Gear

Status
    NO!!!!!!!!

Don't say the 'M' word!

It's a bog standard one, I do miss the Revo, but it's goes OK on the Motorways, which I always thought was the A4's forte.

I will miss the 2nd gear punch, but now I have a bike to mis-behave on, I think the performance will do me as is. I bloody hope so anyway! LOL

2nd Gear

Status
    Famous last words!
    Ill give you at least 3 months and you will probably be doing something to the car lol

FACELIFT 99.5

Current Mods: RNS-E MMI Conversion,Carbonio CAI,
    Baileys DV30 valve, Tinted windows, Xenon H.I.Ds, Bosch Aerotwins.

Planned mods: Rieger Kit,Engine Tuning, Leather sports seats.
    Accomodation when the missus kicks me out for wasting money on a car.

6th Gear

Status
    welcome back mate what bike have you got.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,
    Storage pack,Through load system,Folding mirrors,Non smoking pack

2009 BMW K1300S, ABS, ASC,OBC, heated grips

2nd Gear

Status
    Here she is.

First mod is gonna be a bloody good detailing, oh and some better speakers, but ICE is essential, not really "modding" ! LOL

motorbikez - I am a Honda man too, working my way up, due to buying our first house a year ago- I have a so called "sensible" VFR 800Fi-X right now, I LOVE the V4, especially the noise now it has a Scorpion race can on it, although I think a 2000-ish RRY Fireblade is calling! VFR is quicker and nimbler than I had expected though, my bro was very surprised when we had a head to head against his 2002 GSX-R 750, considering the bike weight difference and I am about 3-4 stone heavier than him too! I've seen 160.
    Last edited by JayB5UK; 15th October 2007 at 21:44. Reason: forgot link to piccy

2nd Gear

Status
    Going to get the cambelt, tensioners & waterpump done first actually, just for peace of mind, but typically, my insurance renewal is tomorrow! AGH
    The work i've been quoted 250-280 + approx 30 for water pump at the local Skoda dealer round the corner, genuine parts and no piss-take prices!

Missed gear

Status
    Welcome back Jay - good to see you back in the fold!
    B7 A4 Avant S-line Special Edition v2 2.0 TFSi - AmD stage 1 - 263Bhp 396Nm

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JayB5UK
    Going to get the cambelt, tensioners & waterpump done first actually, just for peace of mind, but typically, my insurance renewal is tomorrow! AGH
    The work i've been quoted 250-280 + approx 30 for water pump at the local Skoda dealer round the corner, genuine parts and no piss-take prices!
    Not bad at all that price nice one its well worth getting done asap
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=43296
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks

6th Gear

Status
    motorbikez - I am a Honda man too, working my way up, due to buying our first house a year ago- I have a so called "sensible" VFR 800Fi-X right now, I LOVE the V4, especially the noise now it has a Scorpion race can on it, although I think a 2000-ish RRY Fireblade is calling! VFR is quicker and nimbler than I had expected though, my bro was very surprised when we had a head to head against his 2002 GSX-R 750, considering the bike weight difference and I am about 3-4 stone heavier than him too! I've seen 160.[/quote]

VFR is a nice bike I had one on loan last year while mine was getting serviced handles very well and pretty quick too I think good handling due in part to more upright stance than sports bikes.

I'm thinking of chopping my blade in after christmas and possibly getting a bmw K1200R sport had a go on one 3 weeks ago and was well impressed ,again it has a more comfortable upright stance and goes like F--k
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,

6th Gear
    Candy Tetris Champion, Mahjong Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Status
    back to the site. Car looks mint.
    "Swallow your pride occasionally, it's not fattening." - Frank Tyger
    "Avoid making irrevocable decisions while tired or hungry." - Robert Heinlein

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbikez

VFR is a nice bike I had one on loan last year while mine was getting serviced handles very well and pretty quick too I think good handling due in part to more upright stance than sports bikes.

I'm thinking of chopping my blade in after christmas and possibly getting a bmw K1200R sport had a go on one 3 weeks ago and was well impressed ,again it has a more comfortable upright stance and goes like F--k
    Yeah, doesn't give me backache either when i'm out all day on it. Tempted to do some European riding next year. I like the new generation BMW's, am a fan of the Boxer Cup too. Have heard a few reliability issues with some of the K's though as they use a lot of CAN or BUS controllers apparently, also silly things like the clutch being an engine out job!

Aye you know it makes sense

Status
    Dude, welcome back!!!!

6th Gear

Status
    I haven't commited to anything yet and havent heard anything about reliability issues but I will look into it before I chop blade.Same as you what I like about K1200r spt is no backache and suits my frame better I,m 6'1" and getting a bit old for pure sportsbikes.

Status
    Welcome back myman it was only a matter of time before you came back.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

Status
    go back to where you came from lol

TopGear Stockport / Longlife Exhausts /
    www.TopGearStockport.co.uk