I'm back....

JayB5UK

Reaction score
Hi all, after about 5 months of having sold my 1.8T Sport, buying a new 'bike and getting soaked riding it in the "summer" , buying a Volvo 850 T-5, selling it for a £500 profit and buying the Mrs. a new car and enduring her old battered 306 Dturbo for a bit, i've ended up with another 1.8 T Sport.

Bought an Avant this time, picked it up today after a long day's 400 mile round trip, including the F'ing M25 this afternoon!

Will post up pics - and a few questions, in the next few days, so it's Hello again to the best car forum i've ever used.

Time for a few Stella's now as it' too dark to clean the car up...

Good choice ! Welcome home m8 :beerchug:
So you will probably have to start modding all over again from scratch or has it already been modded?

NO!!!!!!!!

Don't say the 'M' word!

It's a bog standard one, I do miss the Revo, but it's goes OK on the Motorways, which I always thought was the A4's forte.

I will miss the 2nd gear punch, but now I have a bike to mis-behave on, I think the performance will do me as is. I ****** hope so anyway! LOL

Famous last words!
Ill give you at least 3 months and you will probably be doing something to the car lol

Here she is.

PA130159.jpg

First mod is gonna be a ****** good detailing, oh and some better speakers, but ICE is essential, not really "modding" ! LOL

motorbikez - I am a Honda man too, working my way up, due to buying our first house a year ago- I have a so called "sensible" VFR 800Fi-X right now, I LOVE the V4, especially the noise now it has a Scorpion race can on it, although I think a 2000-ish RRY Fireblade is calling! VFR is quicker and nimbler than I had expected though, my bro was very surprised when we had a head to head against his 2002 GSX-R 750, considering the bike weight difference and I am about 3-4 stone heavier than him too! I've seen 160.

Going to get the cambelt, tensioners & waterpump done first actually, just for peace of mind, but typically, my insurance renewal is tomorrow! AGH
The work i've been quoted £250-£280 + approx £30 for water pump at the local Skoda dealer round the corner, genuine parts and no ****-take prices!

JayB5UK said:
Going to get the cambelt, tensioners & waterpump done first actually, just for peace of mind, but typically, my insurance renewal is tomorrow! AGH
The work i've been quoted £250-£280 + approx £30 for water pump at the local Skoda dealer round the corner, genuine parts and no ****-take prices!

Not bad at all that price nice one :) its well worth getting done asap

motorbikez - I am a Honda man too, working my way up, due to buying our first house a year ago- I have a so called "sensible" VFR 800Fi-X right now, I LOVE the V4, especially the noise now it has a Scorpion race can on it, although I think a 2000-ish RRY Fireblade is calling! VFR is quicker and nimbler than I had expected though, my bro was very surprised when we had a head to head against his 2002 GSX-R 750, considering the bike weight difference and I am about 3-4 stone heavier than him too! I've seen 160.[/quote]

VFR is a nice bike I had one on loan last year while mine was getting serviced handles very well and pretty quick too I think good handling due in part to more upright stance than sports bikes.

I'm thinking of chopping my blade in after christmas and possibly getting a bmw K1200R sport had a go on one 3 weeks ago and was well impressed ,again it has a more comfortable upright stance and goes like F--k

:sign_welcome: back to the site. Car looks mint. :icon_thumright:

motorbikez said:
VFR is a nice bike I had one on loan last year while mine was getting serviced handles very well and pretty quick too I think good handling due in part to more upright stance than sports bikes.

I'm thinking of chopping my blade in after christmas and possibly getting a bmw K1200R sport had a go on one 3 weeks ago and was well impressed ,again it has a more comfortable upright stance and goes like F--k

Yeah, doesn't give me backache either when i'm out all day on it. Tempted to do some European riding next year. I like the new generation BMW's, am a fan of the Boxer Cup too. Have heard a few reliability issues with some of the K's though as they use a lot of CAN or BUS controllers apparently, also silly things like the clutch being an engine out job!

I haven't commited to anything yet and havent heard anything about reliability issues but I will look into it before I chop blade.Same as you what I like about K1200r spt is no backache and suits my frame better I,m 6'1" and getting a bit old for pure sportsbikes.