new discs to go with my calipers!!

jcb

Reaction score
PorkersandDiscs.jpg

very excited
360x34 on 5x112 stud pattern.
4 pot Brembos need to squeeze the discs in as there is not much room!!

18"s. fit should be OK as the hat height is pretty high (depth from hub face to disc centre)

pics of what?
discs.....VW Phaeton! ssshhh don't tell anyone
calipers......Cayenne

Sorry pic didn't show up first time, they are monsters!! When are you getting them fitted?

have to get the wheels this week next week, have a spare strut to test fit and fine tune the adapters and then they are going on. 2 weeks hopefully.
looking at some rs4 rears to match up with them (312mm)

may sound overkill on a 1.8t, but I have a 2.1l 20v running a GT2871 going in over Christmas, expecting somewhere north of 350...at the wheels!

WOW there going to be awesome make sure there are loads of pics taken when fitting and fitted :)

Update!
Just picked up a full set of RS4 brakes (calipers and discs)
Going to test fit the discs as they are the same size as teh Phaeton disc but sooooooo much lighter, think VW make em out of lead!!

Anyone want the front calipers?

stg 5 ecs kit just fits under 18"s hopefully yours will too

IMAGE_068.jpg

RS4 disc on spare strut

IMAGE_067.jpg

RS4 Disc and 4 pot brembos lined up inside 18x8 RS6's (from behind)

IMAGE_070.jpg

From the front
Still can't believ how much lighter the discs are than the standard Phaeton disc, less hat height which concerned me but it all fits!!, off to the engineers now for four adapters

Biglockie said:
034 motorsport do a rear conversion kit so the B7 RS4 rear brakes fit, 300mmm x 20mm

http://www.034motorsport.com/product_info.php?products_id=1170

group buy maybe??????????

not worth it, you can get RS4 rears (312mm) for next to nothing, always coming up on eBay as the B5 owners go to B7 RS4 rears.
I just got rear calipers, discs, pads, Front Discs and cailipers all for £300.
Calipers will sell for £100+ by themselves.

so are the rs4 disk a straight swap or do you need the hubs etc?

discs bolt straight on, same stud pattern, the tricky bit is matching the lug pattern on your strut to the lug/radial pattern on whatever calipers you use.
I have lug mounted brembos so I need a plate with four holes to extend the caliper mounting point towards the tyre (distance from hole to hole) and also to line it up with the disc (plate thickness)

jcb said:
not worth it, you can get RS4 rears (312mm) for next to nothing, always coming up on eBay as the B5 owners go to B7 RS4 rears.
I just got rear calipers, discs, pads, Front Discs and cailipers all for £300.
Calipers will sell for £100+ by themselves.

I'll keep my eyes open for that fella, cheers

jcb said:
discs bolt straight on, same stud pattern, the tricky bit is matching the lug pattern on your strut to the lug/radial pattern on whatever calipers you use.
I have lug mounted brembos so I need a plate with four holes to extend the caliper mounting point towards the tyre (distance from hole to hole) and also to line it up with the disc (plate thickness)

Are you making these yourself dude I'm in the same boat and might need carriers made, fitting cupra R brembos

Adapter made on the cheap would be good as I am looking at fitting my RS4 setup this week end if I get the last few parts in on time but later I would like to upgrade the calipers.

A template made up and then a group buy maybe?????

well my plan is to get a few patterns made:
A4 and S4 (two different adapters) I have a spare S4 strut
Fronts:
1) lug mounted Brembo four pot with RS4 discs (360x32)
2) same caliper with Phaeton discs (360x34)

A4 only
Rears:
RS4 discs with RS4 calipers (312mmx 20 something)

Then I have some adapters to sell on and make up some of the cost of my conversion.

Doing the same the same with the tubular 1.8t turbo manifold for the B5 chassis......just been busy recently

one more adapter that I will have:
for the A4 and S4 to fit RS4 discs and calipers

I'm up for this, i was thinking of doing the rear conversion as well, i've got an S4 hub coming but if we can do the conversion on standard A4 hubs then thats even better

that was the idea...not much point me doing them if you can get them at Demon tweeks

Anyone interested in flange adapters for bigger OEM brakes to go on their A4/S4?

yes i am interested as this is on my list of urgents, fitting weitec coilovers this weekend, then mot and next month probably get onto brakes or if you have some stuff which will help, then i'll wait. i'm looking for around 360mm 4/6 pots, i can get 6 pot calipers on a 360mm or 380mm disk for £1400 using new parts.

Doc are you puttin gon fullset of RS4 brakes, front and rear???

macca said:
i can get 6 pot calipers on a 360mm or 380mm disk for £1400 using new parts.

Jesus! I would hope so.
Set of new SR4 discs went for £375 last week on eBay
My calipers were only £250 or so

I would want the whole lot including S/S pipes for that dollar.
Anyway, off to the engineer tomorrow
Will let you know how quick they can turn them around.
Found myself a goodridge dealer in Edinburgh who will make custom pipes for a decent price as well

Biglockie said:
Doc are you puttin gon fullset of RS4 brakes, front and rear???

I have the full set including hubs dive shaft even anti roll bars and rear subframe diff and prop just missing a gear box. The fronts are the first point as I have a Barring issue so they have to be done first.

JCB keep me posted and let us know what sort of money we are looking at.

will do.

Am I correct in thinking that S4 and A4 have different front struts?

Every thing just bolts up the same the drive shafts have a different drive shaft bolt patten for the gear box so that needs to be swaped out then replace the springs as they will jack the car up but the shocks will be like upgrading when fitted with uprated springs.

no I meant the caliper lugs on the A4 and S4 struts

Lined my 4 pots and RS4 calipers up with the strut I have (pretty sure it is an S4 strut).
this is what lies ahead

IMAGE_110.jpg

Flat, 4 bolt flange required for brembos
IMAGE_112.jpg

RS4's line up perfectly, carrier must be bigger but bolt holes are the same.
Getting an A4 strut on Friday

should know what prices are by the end of week