EGT VALVES

andybnwc

Reaction score
Hi been running low boost and high fuel for a while now and just got round to vag com ing it. I pretty sure its was one of the EGTs as this has happened before.
This is my read out my question is which side is it when looking into the engine bay from the front?
Also wheres the cheapest to buy EGTs?
many thanks in advance

Address 01: Engine
Controller: 8D0 907 551 C
Component: 2.7l V6/5VT G 0002
Coding: 05611
Shop #: WSC 00337
1 Fault Found:
17862 - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1 (G235): Short to Ground
P1454 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: 0000 0000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 03: ABS Brakes
Controller: 8E0 614 111 A
Component: ABS/EDS 5.3 QUATTRO D00
Coding: 0273004284
Shop #: BB 24334
1 Fault Found:
00290 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor: Rear Left (G46)
35-00 - -

Yeh sorry sensor yeh that would make sense as it was the other side which failed last time. But you say drivers side but also the right hand side im a little confused or are you talking euro drivers side ?

Is it just me or are most of the sensors and valves rubbish i seem to of replaced nearly all of them at one stage or another?

Please could i have a backup that its the drivers side before i shell out mega money for pretty much nothing

He said drivers side which is on the right hand side when you are sitting in the car not while looking in the engine lol.

that will do me thanks , best get my money out but atleast it will be easier to install this time

I replaced EGT 2 on the passenger side, so i think you're right, got mine from vagparts.co.uk, about the cheapest I could find, genuine parts too, just took a few days to come as they get em straight from germany, unless they happen to have any in stock at the time.

Also sensor 1 is loads easier to replace, can get to it through the engine bay, can see it pretty easy in the top of your downpipe just a little further down than you're lambda, sensor 2 was a lot harder, ended up borrowing some ramps cos you can't do this one from the top. Cetainly made a hell of a difference to the car once it was done though.

Dunno if this is any help to ya:

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng73.shtml

Thanks for clearing that up i read that the last time very good post. I will try vag parts now

Finally got round to fitting new EGT sensor and got my boost back feels awesome only thing is it dropped its boost for a second or two into limpmode and vag said upper boost limit exeeded i have checked for leaks again and none present im now thinking sticky wastegate any ideas how to check as its very hard to get to them , B5 S4 by the way