Your thoughts on plug leads and coil packs

markcass

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, I am thinking about maybe changing my coil pack and plug leads on my 98 2.8Q as it looks like they are still the original ones. I am hoping possibly for a bit more preformance. The car has done 113000 miles. Do you think it will need doing?Has anyone else changed theres and did it make any differance? If i do change them is there any recomendations for any type of leads. any advice welcome.
Cheers Mark.

if vag-com isn't reporting mis-fires, then your not going to see any performance gains.

There may be some slight difference if you get some nice thik high quality leads but only a differene in there would be a clearner burn and maybe a few more miles to a tank...

madvw said:
if vag-com isn't reporting mis-fires, then your not going to see any performance gains.

Hi madvw thanks for your advice on this matter, i have had my car pluged into vag.com recently and there were no faults showing. So sounds like i better leave it alone and save myself a few pennys.

Did you look at my other recent post about pinking at low speeds in high gear when i put my foot down? that was another reason why i was thinking about the leads and coil pack.Have you any ideas on this, although when it does this its only like 2 pinks thats it and not realy loud. But not sure if its normal or something that needs sorting.:confused: Cheers mark.

Markey said:
There may be some slight difference if you get some nice thik high quality leads but only a differene in there would be a clearner burn and maybe a few more miles to a tank...

Hi Markey thanks for your thoughts on this matter too. I might think about the bigger leads, but sounds like i dont need to rush into anything as there are no faults showing on my car. Can you see also my previous reply on here and tell me what you might think regarding the pinking.

Cheers Mark.:confused: