Chris NottSky Insurance

Thread: S4 seats

2nd Gear

Status

S4 seats

I wanting to fit some s4 recaro's in my car ,they are from a facelift model and mines a pre facelift model with recaro's already fitted. Will these fit straight in ??. I did read on the forum that the airbag conectors will be different so how easy is it to get round it ??
    A4 Avant 1.8T Sport (183 bhp).

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Its just the airbag connectors that are different. You could bridge your connectors with a 5 ohm resistor to put the lights out. The seat airbags obviously will not work,but the rest of the system will.

2nd Gear

Status
    Is there a way of getting the airbags conected as if i leave then disconected im bound to need them !!!

Status
    None, the best you can do it switch the light out.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

6th Gear

Status
    I don't think a 5 ohm resistor will do it. I've got a bunch of resistors from when I did mine as I had to buy 20 of them! Give me a shout if you need a couple.

Are your Recaros OEM? I thought the Audi Recaros only came fitted to Facelifts.
    Last edited by Blue_Thunder; 27th September 2007 at 12:44.
    Mo power, mo problems

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Maybe it wasnt quite 5. maybe 4. summat. Anyway you get the idea. lol

2nd Gear

Status
    I was told they were recaro's when i bought the car but they might not be. They are the sports seats and as far as i know they are the original ones. If i can get the airbags to work i dont think i'll bother changing the seats though !!

4th Gear

Status
    if the seats dont have recaro stamped on them then they arnt recaro,s people call any seat with a bit of extra bolstering recaro,s which is not correct. as for the airbags, i managed to fit a 2004 s4 interior with front seat airbags in my b5 and a 2004 steering wheel/airbag all i did was change the connectors for the new type no probs at all
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

2nd Gear

Status
    The seats i want to fit are the s4 cloth type which are identical shape to the one already fitted so wont be recaro's either. Will this mean the conectors will be the same ??

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jase0851
    if the seats dont have recaro stamped on them then they arnt recaro,s people call any seat with a bit of extra bolstering recaro,s which is not correct. as for the airbags, i managed to fit a 2004 s4 interior with front seat airbags in my b5 and a 2004 steering wheel/airbag all i did was change the connectors for the new type no probs at all
    Yes but you must have a face lift car if I'm correct?
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

4th Gear

Status
    yeah it was a facelift b5 doc
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE