Info S4

ed-S4

Reaction score
Right im new to the forum and im currently searching for an S4 avant. What kind of mileage will these cars do, as i've seen one for sale with 130k, any common faults with these cars or things that need to be replaced.

Any help would be great, as i want to be armed with as much info as possible. (i have read the buyers guide)

Cheers

Ed

cambelt with water pump and tensioner are due about now on that. watch turbo's when you go look at it for any noises or low performance. your s4 information resource is www.rs246.com... also if it is the one i'm think it is you should read this post titled clocked s4, its odo says 130k but its actually done 160k+ rs246.com is down atm so i can't get a link for u but when its up again check it

And for anyone looking at the Red S4 saloon currently on eBay with 130k miles... It's done closer to 200k!!!

cheers guys, should i have any worries about purchasing a car with high mileage, the last thing i want is the turbos packing in.

I'm looking around the 6-7k mark, there doesn't seem to be a lot around - it has to be an avant

Ed

My turbos packed up at 82k miles. There's a guy over on RS246 who had a 190k miler on it's original turbos. Saying that, there are people who's K03's failed within much less miles than mine had done. It's luck of the draw.