ABS Warning Light On, but no fault

nomadx

Reaction score
Just got my A4 2.8 Quattro back from service, they could not find out why my ABS warning light is coming on as typically it did not do it why they had the car. The computer did not show any faults with the system. As I was leaving it came on so I showed the guy and he plugged the computer back in. This time it would not access the brake system. He said the most likely cause was a faulty ABS control unit. Apperantly these are £400! Anyone had the same problem, I am hoping there is a cheaper / different solution!

Thanks in advance!

not had the problem, but the first thing I would do is to unplug the cable off the sensors, spray some contact cleaner on them and put them back on.

Failing that it could be a faulty sensor or even broken or bent abs ring

Give it a try first before spending that sort of money

Simon

I have the same problem, was told ABS module will be faulty, got recommended these to sort the problem, get it resoldered for £100, a lot cheaper than a whole replacement unit that you don't need, and their turn around is nice and quick, they say 48hrs.

Also you won't be able to get access while the fault light is on either, it blocks it. I got this fault when I managed to read it and this confirmed the problem.

1 Fault Found:
01203 - Electrical Connection between ABS and Instrument Cluster
03-10 - No Signal - Intermittent

Give em a try.

http://www.ecu-testing.com/

thats great, thanks :D

where is the module located in the car? Is it realitivly easy to remove and refit?

Bit of a job to do yourself, unless you're an electronics expert, all silicone sealed chip boards that need resoldering apparently, not an amateur fix I don't think.

The module itself is located on the side of the ABS pump on the right hand side of the engine bay, black box bolted on with a large connector block clipped on the bottom of it.

Worked for me, and I'm stupid and a right cack handed tw*t :)
Si.

Had the same problem with my S4, thought about doing it myself, and I have been soldering for years, thought better of it and got it professionally repaired instead. ABS is a safety item after all....

Just thought I'd mention that I sent the module to ecu-testing.co.uk on monday, they rang me today and it's fixed and will be back with me tommorrow, damn quick service I reckon, well worth using them.