Stupid idea or not? (Chrome mirror related)

PVO_Dave

Back in a Quattro :)
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Following on from my thread detailing the theft of my mirrors, I thought that I might get my reg plate 'stamped' into the new chrome mirrors, maybe on the top edge, so it wouldn't ruin the look of them, but would render them useless to someone else

Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea, although I doubt the thieving shites would actually notice until after they've had the next lot off.

Bit of a mental idea considering how much they cost, but hey if you think it would work.
I would just stick to the normal colour coded ones as they are probably waiting for you to replace them ready to nick them again. It sucks that we work hard for nice things but little nob heads rewin it for everyone else.
If you want to go down that route of customising then create the ability to be able to remove them and connect them quickly when you have parked up :)

Been thinking about this topic, and its something I have thought of too. However, to be honest unless the thieving gypsy reads the stamp first (assuming they can read in the first place), it may not become apprent to them until after they have nicked your mirrors. Likewise the electronic data stamping.