rear bumper removal (avant)

jcb

Reaction score
HOW THE F$£% DOES IT COME OFF!!

followed various instructions, removed all wheel liner screws, removed the four bolts from under the spare wheel cover. Removed the lock trim and rubber capping that could stop it moving
Still won't budge.
Cant see any bolts from under the car, only thing I can think is that the entire rear wheel arch liners need to come out and that is a wheels off job.
Seems the lip on the inner front edge of the bumper overlaps the wheel arch liner on the front side which I can only assume is what is stopping it sliding out

Anyone?

Sounds a bit like the A3 8P one I did recently. Got all the bolts out and still didnt budge. It was clipped around the wheel arch area and just needed a really good yank.

Yeah round the wheel arch area push the bumper down towards the ground and pull at the same time.

Markey said:
Yeah round the wheel arch area push the bumper down towards the ground and pull at the same time.

really? the other bumper I have to go back on looks like the side mounts slide straight on without any vertical movement.
I know the old Audi 90's and coupes needed a bump from above to come off.
Do these ones definitely need to be pushed down?

jcb said:
really? the other bumper I have to go back on looks like the side mounts slide straight on without any vertical movement.
I know the old Audi 90's and coupes needed a bump from above to come off.
Do these ones definitely need to be pushed down?

I find it helps to loosen it a bit from the clips and then like said above push and off it pops.

Just got an s4 avant bumper from a breakers yard today and the bumper does come off like the saloon. I took the bolts from under the carpet off and the wheel arch liners but the bumper was still solid but once you push down on the corners it pops off the side mounts and comes straight off !!!

Nice one did you get it at a good price ? Where there any more lol

Paid £75 for it and its the facelift type which i think looks a bit better. They only had one s4 in which had taken a good hit in the front n/s,i missed out on the carbon trim and it only had cloth seats !!

I was in a breakers getting my chrome roof rails and the guy told me about the s4 in his other yard ,so ive been back a few times getting various bits and pieces !!!