Diverter value

rafA4

Reaction score
I want a blow off value for my 2000 A4 does anyone make it because everywhere look someones got it but me..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Non recirculation diverter valves, or atmospheric dump valves, whatever you want to call them are available from most tuning shops probably with the most famous being Forge Motorsport for the various DV's and would quite often be classed as the 'original' version.

However, on a 1.8T system you do not want an atmospheric DV as this may cause problems with running due to the system expecting the boosted air to be put back into the inlet side of the turbo, and when it doesn't see this it may flag a fault. Some people run DV's which allow a small amount of boosted pressure to be vented to atmosphere giving the whoosh noise, but attempting to maintain the system regularity....but even so you will loose performance, as the boosted air that you are dumping to atmosphere would normally keep the turbo spinning as fast as possible between gear changes.

Gambba is right. Unless you know what you are doing, fitting a diverter valve that dumps to atmosphere will give you problems.

Personally I wouldn't waste your money. I ran two Hyperboost valves on my AMD chipped S4 (£170). The Hyperboost are virtually identical to Forge's design. (In fact it's a wonder Forge didn't sue!) The current piston type valves will never be as efficient at dumping/diverting the air as quickly as the Bosch units which are a diaphram design. Like you want too I followed the sheep thing which I also nearly did with the exhaust CAT back system to until I learned better. The Bosch DV is cheaper and more efficent but is known to tear. Buy two and check it from time to time.

If you must buy a forge type valve gives us your thoughts on whether you notice a difference. Have a mate fit a Bosch unit and a piston type, see if you can tell. A lad on Audi world did this with two types of piston valve and the Bosch unit. He couldn't tell the difference!

I already Have a Hyperboost DV, I just was interested in an blow off valve because of the sound it makes but i'm glad someone said something to stop me thanks. another question for you all. Which way would it be to open the DV meaning to let more air be bypassed because when i got the DV i turned it to the right to lock the nut but i don't know if that was right HELP again