Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Took of the Throttle Body and Injectors! But something is playing up now?

So I decided today that I would take off and clean my Throttle Body and my Injectors Every thing went smooth the Throttle Body wasn’t even dirty. Injectors were a little bit. Anyways I have put everything back, and took it for a drive first thing i noticed was that boost doesn’t feel as good as it use too? I am only getting about 10Psi instead of 13-14Psi How could this be?

Car is 1996 A4 quattro 1.8T

HAs a powerchip 145kw around 13-14psi

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    is the cleaning procedure easy to do?

mrt
    Reverse Gear

Status
    the injectors are sealed into the inlet manifold to stop unmetered air entering the combustion chamber so when u remove the injectors you should really replace the seals. hope this helps you.

mrt
    Reverse Gear

Status
    johnyj i have removed and cleaned the throttle body but never the injectors. the tb is abit fiddley ( as are all jobs on the audi) but good sat afternoon job. 4 allan key bolts fix it to the inlet manifold but be carfull not to damage the gasket. if urs is fcked replace it!

1st Gear

Status
    do you just spray carb cleaner into it also is the gasket alot of wonger

mrt
    Reverse Gear

Status
    i,m only going from what i know from my s3 but i thought the s3 n 4 would be nearly the same. yeah use carb cleaner n a rag to mop out the inside of the tb.get a cotton bud in the hard to reach bits. if urs is like mine n has a motor that operates the butterfly valve inside the throttle body, ur not supposed to manually open it. i did n no probs so just b gentle ! also after the throttle body (on my s3) just inside the inlet manifold there's a inlet air temp sensor it should be held in by 1 bolt . remove n clean with elec contact cleaner or even carb cleaner. gasket is nothin special so shouldn't cost alot. when u have built it back up, leave ur bonnet open n ur drivers door turn the key till all the lights come on but dnt start the engine. go n lisen the the throttle body it will be re-setting its self(high pitch noise for about 20 secs). then it should be ok. it might feel slow for a few miles but thats coz the ecu is re-learning any adjustments that have been made or fixed.