Recaro seats for saloon

macattax

Reaction score
Is anyone here or know of anyone selling recaro seats.
The seats that have recaro written on them are the ones im interested in (are they RS4?) .
I have the cloth sports seats with lumbar support that came with the car at the moment but I would love a recaro interior with electric controls heated seats etc.
The ones on ebay are far too pricey for me.
The back seat would have to be bench type.
And preferably with airbags still intact as I dont want ripped ones lol.

The ones in classifieds from Febuary are still on there but the guy isnt answering pms are they still available?.

Ok I want RS4 seats made by recaro then.
So please please if anyone out there knows where I can fronts and bench type back seat please get back to me.
There will be a reward in it for anyone who sorts me out. :rockwoot:

The S4 recaros still had 'recaro' embossed, just no S4/RS4 logo.

You won't get either of these with 'bench' rears as the S4/RS4's all came with the 60/40 split. You would be able to modify your car to fit these. Also these are very rare for saloons. I've retrofitted some RS4 seats in mine and had to get a bracket made up for the rear latch mechanism.

Getting the electric movement to work is really easy, but getting the heating seated elements sorted can be a pain in the **** if you haven't already got heated seats (no switches to set the temperature or turn on/off).

Also, I've not found any way of getting the airbags to work. I bought a resistor to stick in the airbag connector and had to clear the 'fault' on Vagcom to get the Airbag light on the dash to go out.

HTH

Oh, think 'QuantumJohn' still has a set of silver Recaros which he is selling on cheap (they need a bit of TLC to get them back up to scratch).

Send him a PM. You can pay my handsome reward directly into the "Blue Thunder Money Pit Fund". Got yet another 4-figure bill on the cards for turbo refurbs :-(

I have already got black sports leather, but am considering a pair of these to replace front seets

Expert_L%20skai.jpg

which i think are much nicer than the flabby looking Rs4/s4 recaros

ideally i want to see what the leather is like to make sure its a decent match, but the cost of the subframes is the killer about 250 on top of the 800 for a pair of seats, still not bad for 2 brand new seats considering how much high mileage knackerd Recaro leather goes for

Each to their own. I think those ones would look better in an old Ford than an Audi. Bit boxy for my liking.

OEM Audi Recaros look awesome. Search for the thread on here where someone has put in the B6 recaros into his B5. Now they look good!

I know where you are coming from saying boxy, but i think the standard a4 sports seats are boxy, which is why i think these are an ideal replacment

Blue_Thunder said:
I've retrofitted some RS4 seats in mine and had to get a bracket made up for the rear latch mechanism.

Thats very interesting where did you get the latch made up?
Have you got any pics of the install process?

Blue_Thunder said:
getting the heating seated elements sorted can be a pain in the **** if you haven't already got heated seats (no switches to set the temperature or turn on/off).

Luckily enough I got an AC unit with heated seat switches when I did my rns-e install so that should be fine.

Blue_Thunder said:
Also, I've not found any way of getting the airbags to work. I bought a resistor to stick in the airbag connector and had to clear the 'fault' on Vagcom to get the Airbag light on the dash to go out.

This I find dubious my car seats have airbags in them already so I would imagine that putting in recaros with airbags would be no problem. Maybe the airbags in your recaros got triggered in an accident previously to you buying them and were stitched up again without replacing the units?
Thanks for the valuable info though as now I know it is possible to fit split seats into the car.
Did yours come from an avant and you installed them in a saloon?

Thanks for the contact I will wait for john to get back to me.

Sorry I have to agree with the others Philr I dont think they would look nice in my car as I want to keep the OEM look really.

All RS4's were avants, and my car is a saloon (hence having to get the brackets made up). All you need is two of the bolts which the avant seats latch into (any breakers yard should have these), then go to a local metalworking/welding place and they should have no problems bending and cutting a bit of sheet metal to spec.

I'll post some pics up when I can. Car is off the road at the moment.

The issue with the airbag connectors is actually due to the recaros (facelift) having three wires and a different shaped connector. My pre-facelift S4 only has a 2 pin connector. If yours is facelift, you shouldn't have a problem.

FYI - 'Madkebab' sold his seats over 6 months ago

Blue thunder seeing as the rs4 has 3x 3 point seat belts in the back seat did you bother retrofitting a 3 point seat belt to replace the lap belt in the centre seat in the back?
I read a thread yesterday where somone retrofitted a 3 point belt for theirs.

So how do you get round the airbag connectors to fit facelift recaro's in a pre facelift car (has the same shape recaro's fitted alreday) ??

951 said:
So how do you get round the airbag connectors to fit facelift recaro's in a pre facelift car (has the same shape recaro's fitted alreday) ??

You don't... Just try not to crash!!! <looks for the fingers crossed emoticon>

I think it will be the same for all facelift seats being put into a pre-facelift.

My advice... Unless you have a 'pre-facelift keeper', don't bother with any leather upgrade.

mac its the audi s4 recaro,s you want these are the ones you are talking about, they were an optional extra