Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: 95k Service

Reverse Gear

Status

95k Service

Right then, next question!

My dash has been shouting SERVICE! at me for about 6000 miles now. Thing is I'm a bit skint and cant afford such serivce at present.

I've got a 2000 plate 1.9tdi SE Avant, at just shy of 95000. Any ideas on whats needed/involved in the service at this age/mileage?

Cheers in advance.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Has the cam belt ever been changed ? If not thats well over due

I would start with Oil and filter, maybe air filter depending on how dirty but there so cheap you might as well. Other than that im out of ideas as its a Diesel.
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-forum-b5-chassis/43296-bit-project-going.html
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks

Reverse Gear

Status
    According to the history, the cam belt was done around 75k. I'm changing the oil and filter today and will check out the cost of an air filter as well.

Is it possible to get the service message reset or will I have to pay through the nose at my local Audi garage?

Aye you know it makes sense

Status
    Again golt call me at the weekend fella, the reset procedure is in the hand book if not search on here i found it last time dude.

Hate those none insured you know who types

Status
    Carlisle, Cumbria. Not Geordie nor Scotch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golt
    According to the history, the cam belt was done around 75k. I'm changing the oil and filter today and will check out the cost of an air filter as well.

Is it possible to get the service message reset or will I have to pay through the nose at my local Audi garage?
    If Cam belt has been done, Diesels just require Oil and filter plus the air filter, I got my mothers from dealers as I prefer OEM parts to coopers etc. Was advised by Audi technician that fuel filters vary rarely need changed anymore. So all in all it cost 8 quid for filter catridge and 6 for ail filter, oil I got for her was Castrol Edge for Turbo Diesels 5W-40. Which was cheaper than mine
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport

VW + Audi mad

Status
    I won't use anything other than a Genuine oil filter, which aren't expensive from the main stealers, whilst an OE-quality air filter and fuel filter eg Mann, Knecht etc are cheap enough from the likes of German and Swedish.
    My local VW dealer knocks out fully synthetic Synta Gold for about 22 for a 5L container (cheaper than GSF) so I use that.......
    Personally I always change the air and diesel filters at the proscribed intervals (think they are both 20K miles?) as they are both cheap enough (am sure less than 20 quid the pair) and easy to do, a small price to pay IMHO for peace of mind.........
    '99 Ming Blue A4 Avant TDi SE 110 + Dragon Performance Tuning Box
    Factory sunroof / Cruise / Aircon + Climate / Royale Blue leather

'72 1302LS Karmann Beetle Cabrio Silbermetallic

'63 Karmann Ghia Sunroof Coupe Pacific Blue