99 Audi A4 Avant 2.8 Quattro

Dieterwt

Reaction score
Hi there fellow Audi fans. Just bought a second hand A4 Avant 2.8 Quattro and I am trying to find out if there are any well known inherent problems I should expect. My ABS light comes on occasionally and when I switch the car off after a drive there is a weazing from the master break cylinder in the engine bay. The dashboard LCD screen is also not displaying clearly? Any help would be much appreciated as I would rather nail these problems before the nail me.:tocktock:

ABS light could be numerous things, i.e Wheel bearings (As i had this fault on rear bearing) faulty ABS sensor on one of the wheels or worst of all the ABS control unit. Which to my understanding is very rare to fail. A bad fitting wheel bearing caused my ABS light to come on over 50mph and the car made a grinding noise.
ABS sensors can be removed and cleaned which can usually fix the problem if its one of the four. ABS control unit fail would show on VAG com. Only other thing could be your master brake cylinder is knacked which may affect your ABS. Im not sure on that so search for that.

LCD screens often die on all Audi display huds, just a matter of when I believe. Mine is crap to look at during a bright day, comes to life on the night tho.