Problems

Markey

Reaction score
After putting the car back together, and starting it.

After having it running for about 10 min it started going lumpy and now it wont start, nothing obvious on Vag Com and one of the spark plugs is a teany weany bit browner than the others and every time i put the ignition on the Throttle Body wines.

Other than that im out of ideas, and getting really ****** off.

Please help if you can :)

ohh, sorry to hear that mate.

checked the coil packs?

the other possiblity could be the ignition amplifiers, common thing on our models. when mines where on the way out car was mis firing and lumpy! then car stopped and nothing! luckily id just arrived at the garage.

does the imobiliser light go off? just to check i ran in to an issue couple of weeks back. car wouldnt start and light stayed on!

try removing the battery, and rreconnecting after 5-10mins

sounds like its ignition related.

Every time i put the key in to start the throttle is wineing i have never noticed this before so i think there must be a problem here as well.

Anyone want to by an A4 Avant sort of works?

Markey said:
Every time i put the key in to start the throttle is wineing i have never noticed this before so i think there must be a problem here as well.

Anyone want to by an A4 Avant sort of works?

If the battery's been disconnected then the throttle body will be going through it's adaptation procedure when you turn the ignition on - just leave it to finish and then then try to start it.

I have been but it does it everytime the key is put in the ignition.

When you are in Engine and you run the output tests and the injectors run through should you hear them clicking ? As i can hear the fuel pump but after it goes through each injector i would have thought you would hear them clicking and i am not.

This could be the cause of my problems

Thanks