F*ck sake...... :(

PVO_Dave

Back in a Quattro :)
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Can't have anything nice these days.... There go the proper Audi Chrome mirrors... :bye:

passmirror.jpg

driversmirror.jpg

Little *******! Any Idea who it was?
Poor chap !!!!

don't know tbh, could be someone wanting them for there car or to sell on (i'll be watching eBay) or it could be the horrible chav kids in the village (about 16 yrs old and scum) :sob:

f-ing little thieving bastartds, i sorry dude who ever it was needs a propper good kicking......

There is muck on the door which would indicate that they kicked them off.
Are there any mucky foortprints on or near the car that might help in catching the person. Under sole shape/pattern of shoe and also the size could help with nailing them so take pics.

macattax said:
There is muck on the door which would indicate that they kicked them off.
Are there any mucky foortprints on or near the car that might help in catching the person. Under sole shape/pattern of shoe and also the size could help with nailing them so take pics.

good idea mate! hoep you catch the lil ******* ad give em a right pasting! teach them a lesson for life!

Police have been round and dusted for prints etc... looks more like the feet were used to pull them off, apparantly there have been a few crimes like this on Audis and golfs with the mirrors being stolen!

I guess they still fetch good money on eBay :(

That's unreal I can't believe some people, your right you can't have anything nice anymore, without some thieving tw*t taking it.
sorry to hear abut your loss mate.

Im just glad my car hasnt been touched and Im not on one of the most favourable estates in Carlisle. Although sayin that my cousin had genuine M3 mirrors knicked off his BMW in the same way, kicked off, unlucky for him they scratched car while doing this.

mate dunno if you'll install the same mirrors but you should get some CCTV to keep an eye out.

its happened to my mate, hes installed 3 wireless cameras and leave em to record at night all hidden. apart from some weird neighbour activity lol he can see exactly whats going on and hes just waiting to see if they come back! if they do, god help them!

more and more people are installing hidden CCTV! its needed nowadays not like how it used to be, theiving ***** wherever you go!

other option install those talking alarms if anyone comes in a 1metre radius it start bleeping and if they come closer it triggers the alarm! mates got on his porsche! it works.

Same happened to mine (though standard mirrors) a few weeks back. They only took the drivers side though.
Curiously enough broken off in the same fashion and from a Noggy blue too.
You anywhere near Radstock outside Bath at all?

Cheers for the comments guys, we are looking into CCTV, if it does happen again I want to know who by....

Not near bath at all mate, between Herts and Bed's

I was angry yesterday, but just feel a bit sad about it now! Not only has my car been messed with it's now costing me the xs on my insurance for no fault of my own!

Gutted for you mate. This sort of thing makes me want to sell up and leave these shores. Like you said you cant have anything nice these days. I was thinking of getting some RS4 brushed alloy mirrors for my noggy S4, this has put me right off.

****** hell can't one own anything anymore without them stealing it!!!

Well at least they did not nick the whole car like my Golf.

Sorry to hear about your mirrors PVO, Doc any news on the golf?

madkebab said:
Gutted for you mate. This sort of thing makes me want to sell up and leave these shores. Like you said you cant have anything nice these days. I was thinking of getting some RS4 brushed alloy mirrors for my noggy S4, this has put me right off.

You are not alone apparantly according to a you gov poll 40% of the population are thinking about or are taking steps to leave the UK, in 2006 only 22% were thinking the same thing.

So much for things can only get better.

motorbikez said:
You are not alone apparantly according to a you gov poll 40% of the population are thinking about or are taking steps to leave the UK, in 2006 only 22% were thinking the same thing.

So much for things can only get better.

agree with the stats alot more people are thinking about moving abroad!

alot of my close friends and family have moved abroad, spain, canada, dubai, australia. jst some of the hotspots for people moving.

i hate saying this but i cant see things getting better in this country!

Z82 said:
Sick ********, I hope you catch them and do the same to their testicles!

me and you both!

Cheers for the words guys, and I agree, things are getting worse, and I don't see things turning around any time soon!

As an update, I called the insurers, I'm taking it to an Audi garage so they can order in the part, do the work and I told them I'm making a claim on the anti corrosion warrenty while I'm at it as I've nothiced a bit that needs sorting!

So from tomorrow I could be driving a horrid little hatchback for a couple of weeks while this all gets sorted! lol

The mirrors alone cost £248.19 + VAT Each!!!!!!!

PVO_Dave said:
So from tomorrow I could be driving a horrid little hatchback for a couple of weeks while this all gets sorted! lol

Or even an S5... :idea:

What a Fcuka!
It happened down here a while back, atleast 4 audi's had there mirrors and even door blades taken. I did hear that one guy who was doing it was taking them to order.
....oh and he was a 38yr old. Gotta be a crack head eh!!!

Just a sad state of affairs really that you can't have something others can make money from, the car is still in for repair so I am looking at sorting out CCTV before I get it back!

As an update to my original post, I took the car to Audi, they loaned me a horrid Toyota Aygo (1 Litre of RAW power lol) and sent off the quote to the insurance (£1350 something + VAT) just waiting in the authorisation, should be in Monday and they can start work on it!

Condolences mate, that's just sickening - ******* little ***** who did that to your car need a sledge hammer taking to their kneecaps - they wouldn't kick any more mirrors off then.

why the f do insurance companys charge more for having nice cars but give everybody the same crappy courtesy car? Surely some sort of like for like should apply?

Quick update, should be getting the car back Friday with any luck, it's then booked in on Wednesday for an alarm with dual proximity sensors and also an omni sensor to detect movement etc.. as the Audi stock one seems pretty hopeless!

treblesykes said:
why the f do insurance companys charge more for having nice cars but give everybody the same crappy courtesy car? Surely some sort of like for like should apply?

If someone else is at fault I will be using a company called Bristol and London. Basically they give you a like for like and put it in the insurance claim :)
http://www.bristolandlondon.com/marqueslist.htm

My dad did a lot of work for one of the owners, he has quite a few exotic cars of his own too including Zonda and a Bentley Continental R :rockwoot:

Cheers :) I'll let you know after Wednesday! Until then it's staying at a relatives house under lock and key! lol