wheel width on a B5...9J too big?

jcb

Reaction score
going to move to 18's, just wondering if anyone has 9inch wide wheels on a B5?
Ones I am looking at are ET52 so plenty of room for spacers to position them where I want in the arch, running coilovers so a bit more space under there, just not sure if they will rub...

They should be fine mate, might need to stretch 225/40/18 tyres on them though.

have you seen 9j's on a B% before? the issue is the strut clearance not the arch or spring. just doesnt look like enough room if I measure insde at the same diameter as my current wheels

I thought the 8.5's could stick out a little... so 9's could be worse? I have 8's and they suit the car so well!

I think if you spacer'd them away from the strut you would be fine. Definately no problem on the rear.

I have 8's too and the sit nicely.

i have a 35mm offset on a 8.5*19 and with 235's i'd say they are very close externally in the arch, i wouldn't want them any furthur out, i'm yet to see if they clear the coilover springs at the front yet. usually depends how low you have the coilovers set, but i'm not sure on the a4 as the strut assembly and wishibones are more unconventional.

have you thought of maybe getting them spaced out far enough away from the springs then getting the arches "massaged" front and rear to fit?

philipscar2.jpg

^^^
Thats mine with 9.5x18 et 35 rears no arch work needed but i am running 225 40 18 tyres on them

philipscar.jpg

^^^
And thats the fronts 8.5x18 et32, with rolled arches and cut back wheel arch liners, again running 225 40s but ill be replacing these with some 205 40s or 215 35s so i can get lower next year, you will really struggle with 9s up front !

ok, thats what I needed to hear.
cheers