Decided to build my own large turbo conversion

Andy.B

Reaction score
Going for the T28 manifold from THS and a T28 Hibrid to power up to 300 WBHP so crank terms of around 280 is feesable, Haward and Scott have been contacted to build me the Downpipe for a reasonable £200... Added up this lil lot should see me in to £650 all in which is £50 more than the K04-15 shipped over from the states. Plus i have more potential for different turbos with this setup to.

Wish me luck just order the Manifold and the turbo. Just clobbering together the rest of the stuff now.

:icon_thumright::icon_thumright::icon_thumright: Should be fun

Cool to hear :) but the K04 from the states is only £450 to the door.

Keep us posted and make sure there are loads of pics :)

The same guy from kenetic said it would be £604 to my door... So dunno what is going on there.??

Really? OMG thats mental i wonder why what was his quote in USD?

He didnt do one but i basicly thought, for £600 i must be able to make something as good as a propper K 'Series' turbo with parts already in the UK. Looks like its possible to! The downpipe is the most expencive fabrication in the whole kit really. Prob could get it done cheeper but concidering H&S are the best for making exhausts for exotic cars i think they must be able to make a DP with their eyes closed.

cheeky. i need to pop over and see you at some point.

You will need to that shopping list

FMIC
Injectors
5bar Fuel Regulator
MBC
Custom Mapping

to get that turbo to work but well done doing it youself.:icon_thumright:

Got the EBC Apexi AVCR off my last car, far superior than a MBC. Injectors have already been sourced. FMIC is on the shopping list to. Mapping may be taken care of by a friend who does Emerald so aftermarket management could be on the cards to.

5BAR Fuel Reg... hmmm is there a std one that could go in there or do i have to buy one of those FSE ones??

why 5 bar FPR? standard FPR with decent injector choice will be fine. Unless you are seriously uprating the fuel pumps or planning a GT35 in later life

docurley said:
Not sure but check out the 225 TT's or S3's

Who do you know that does Emerald as I have a mate too that fits them?

Its a local mate to me he doesnt advertise, its kinda in the if you need to know circles really, which is a shame because he is very good and would make a killing if he went public.

docurley said:
You will need to that shopping list

FMIC
Injectors
5bar Fuel Regulator
MBC
Custom Mapping

to get that turbo to work but well done doing it youself.:icon_thumright:
is a MBC a must? or an option? which electronic ones are good at a decent price?

thanks.

Either an Apexi AVCR (My one) either the HKS or Blitz ones are very good also and dont require as much wiring as the AVCR.

Andy.B said:
Either an Apexi AVCR (My one) either the HKS or Blitz ones are very good also and dont require as much wiring as the AVCR.
cheers mate, is it optional? recomended? or a must? to have some some sort of boost controller?

Yeh its advisable to have some sort of boost control as you will need to turn up the boost pressure. You can go old skool with a MBC and get a bleed valve there are two varients of these but its advisable to steer clear of these IMO some tuners use them as a rule and get very good results with them to. I always plump for the EBC as its an in car display showing what boost pressure your running on all of the ones i have mentioned, also the big part of an EBC is that you can control the boost much more accuratly, as the valve can react very quickly to changes in the boost pressure and accomodate for these and almost iron out boost spikes etc.. oh and the fact its another gadget in the car.

Ps. my favorite option on my Apexi is Boost Scramble... very cool. Used to give you a 30sec burst of your max overboost setting for overtaking etc..