What amount of lowering with 18's? and lowering springs?

Bigman

Cornish and Proud!
Reaction score
Hey guys

I am getting a set of 18inch RS4 wheels at the end of september and i also plan on lowering the car slightly, 35mm ish and was wondering if i will get any problems with the wheels rubbing on anything, especialy when cornering etc, can anybody tell me whether this will be ok?

Also idealy i only want to lower around 25-30mm but i can not find any lowering springs around this spec, does anybody know of any? least drop i have found is 35mm which i could live with, but would prefer it a tad higher due to the lane i live up at home....

Adam

PS: This is on a 1.9TDI 110BHP Avant

Have a look at H&R sport spring but first check to see if you have sport shocks as you will be bouncing around on slow dips in the road so you may need shock as well.

18s should be fine i had these with a full spax setup -34mm and there was never any rubbing.

I used to have 18's with 45mm front 35mm rear springs an it looked like a boat. Still too high.

I have a Bilstein kit that lowers it 35mm. Springs and shocks for £220 :icon_thumright: Looks nice with the rs4 rims. I have Nuvolaris on it now but looking for new RS4 rims in 19" and satin black.

I have these shocks:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/sport-shock-absorber-4x-Audi-A4-B5-94-99-Audi-A6-4B_W0QQitemZ200091825489QQihZ010QQcategoryZ40192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And these springs:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A4-95-2000-LOWERING-SPRINGS-all-engines-40-40_W0QQitemZ200110437966QQihZ010QQcategoryZ40192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Fitted to mine and they are fantastic!!!:icon_thumright: The shock absorbers are height adjustable so you can lower the car to any height you want.

I made an offer of £134 on the shocks and he accepted making them £150 inc P&P but I'm sure you could get even more off if you buy the springs at the same time (I bought the springs first then realised I needed shocks afterwards).

They came in 6-7 working days too which ain't bad from Germany.

Hope this info helps!!