Electric motor noise behind center console

Kasper

Reaction score
I have a 1999.5 A4-1.8T, there is a pretty loud electric motor noise behind the center console. It's not the blower motor or the radio since I turned everything off and it's still there. It's very noticeable and only when the engine is running. Has anyone else noticed the same noise? Is it normal? Anyone has any idea of what it may be before I start tearing into the console? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

When I first got my 2000 A4 there was a noise that I was convinced was the blower fan, until you turned the blower off and the noise was still there. It turned out to be a an unsecured bonnet relase cable touching the blades of the engine fan. I'm not saying yours is under the bonnet for sure, just double check before pulling the console apart!

Thanks speedy, I'll check. Did it sound like it was coming from the center console in your case too?

My A4 has a great big fan looking thing behind the glove box. Don't know what it does but i'm sure that if it makes a noise it would be noticable.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CD Rom drive noise from my centre console too! Thought it was the disk in the Sat Nav. Concur with fan noise staying on with climate off.