Fitting facelift headlamps

Reaction score
Im about to embark on putting my facelift headlamp in, i think ive got the wiring sorted (i hope) , and i think i can see what bits need to be trimmed of the wing but before i get the grinder out has anyone got a pic of what need cutting out or can let me know how far to go as it will be a pretty expensive mistake if i get it wrong !!!

I had to trim off pretty much all of the extra lip. I was going to attack it with a grinder but took the car to a body shop with an air saw and got them to cut it off. I would speak to a local body shop see if anyone would do it as a lunchtime special.
I wouldnt try it with a grinder not worth the risk.

Already done it with a small grinder and as you say most of the lip needs to come off. The wiring was easy as i got the looms/plugs with the face lift headlamps and all the wire match up apart from on the n/s loom on the car there is a white/green wire but there is'nt anywhere for it to go on the new lights. Any idea's ???

Did your old headlights have fog lights in them or are your fogs on the bumper. Mine had fogs in the headlights so had to blank these off.

No mine didnt have them,the new s4 bumoer has them but i havent wired them up yet. Anyway the facelift lamps are all and work fine including the level motors. I couldnt find out what the spare wire was for so ive just taped it up for now !!! If anyone else is going to put these in the best thing to do is get the looms off a facelift car in the breakers as all the wires match up and makes things a lot easier !!!