airbags converting!

kninio

Reaction score
Hi , my car have a single airbag and today i bought another a4 1997 which have double airbage and i want to swap them , i want to make my pre car with double airbag since the new one is for trading only , could some body tell me how simple is it? and what i must replace any info?

any help will be appreciated!

cheers

I would suspect the dash would need to be changed, as would some of the wiring. Also the controller ECU is probably different too

i wouldnt bother its not worth messing around with airbags, its like playing with a grenade and hoping you dont knock the pin out.

i just think it will be more work than its worth and also not worth the risk if you not used to fitting airbags

hmm is it to that much complicated? isnt lie the new harness plug the plugs where they should be put the new ecu , then put the airbag on the dash with the dash which prepaired for passenger airbag? , i am aware about replacing everything , but any other complications?

im sure you have to use vagcom to program the new airbag, but its not just the fitting it the fact that messing with airbags if you dont know how to handle them could potentially kill you if one was to go off in your face etc when fitting,

i have vagcom , and i reset my airbag few times before , so what do u think i have to replace beside loom and airbag ecu and the dashbord?, and is there any specification to remove the airbag ecu? or just disconnect the power and take it off , what about the ecu have to hold it in specified direction or doesnt mater just not beat it or shake it?

if you are going to do it , then disconnect battery and leave for at least 30mins before touching airbag/sstem to allow it to discharge first

ill discounect the battery one few hours before , ufff i am looking forward how much job i will have , two dash panels outs , two carpets out and much more. do u have any idea if the ecu is just plug and play? or i must hold it carefully?