Just been chipped :0)

jazzyc

Reaction score
ok

so i ahve just had my car chipped today and fitted my k and n air filter and 710 dv and wow what a difference

Car really goes now from 2500rpm

thanks to all of those who advised me that this was the best way to spend my money. Was looking at £450 ish for a powerflow exhaust but decided on the bits above and worked out £100 cheaper.

This is defo the way to go if you want a bit of extra oomph for your 1.8T

nice one hope to get mine done soon. where was it done?

The guy came to my house and it was all done in about 90mins.

CCCTechnology they are called. A guy called Simon Coe.

Someone on here recomended him whos name escapes me at the moment :think:

be a bit careful of the K&N filter if it is a 57i kit, the oil splatters down onto the MAF and causes rough idle and can lead to the maf needing a good clean or possibly replacing. i am trying out a foam filter from a mitsubishi evo 7 now to try and see if this is better.

macca said:
be a bit careful of the K&N filter if it is a 57i kit, the oil splatters down onto the MAF and causes rough idle and can lead to the maf needing a good clean or possibly replacing. i am trying out a foam filter from a mitsubishi evo 7 now to try and see if this is better.

im having the same trouble with my k&n 57i atm so ive orederd one of these as it was recomended to me

Carbon Cold Air Box Audi A4 B5 Sportluftfilter SIMOTA on eBay Sportluftfilter, Auto-Tuning -Styling, Auto Motorrad Teile

Have heard of this with oiled filters and was forever having issues with my old A4. Left the panel filter in the box and kept the original carboard item in place for now.

Think I'm guilty there, good lad Simon would recommend him anyday.

jazzyc said:
The guy came to my house and it was all done in about 90mins.

CCCTechnology they are called. A guy called Simon Coe.

Someone on here recomended him whos name escapes me at the moment :think:

Hey Jazzy

Good to hear you are enjoying your chip.

Can you please advise what BHP increase you have had and also, how much it costs, also does the guy travel to anywhere in the UK.

How much did the DV Cost as well, and finally would a panel filter do the trick??

Sorry for all the questions, I am just thinking of doing exactly the same mods as you, so would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
Nilz