Forge Splitter R Recirculating Blow Off Valve 1.8T

Turbo Lag FTW

Hate those none insured you know who types
Reaction score
Carlisle, Cumbria. Not Geordie nor Scotch!
Anyone here got this fitted and does it really do what it says on the tin. I`m gonna order this probably in the next couple of hours if anyone here can give a good review.

I want the sound of a dump valve but dont want a loss in power.

So anyone that can give this a good shout please post. :icon_thumright:

I got 1 and its not the best to be honest, it sounds great but im not really bothered about that, the only reason i got it was i got it cheap and my standard 1 was ********.

I Have a 007P its a bit cheaper than the Blow off style and i have a BMC fitted too so sounds pretty kool but not too loud,

Jason

I received the valve today and fitted it, I then let the car Idle for 10 mins so to let the ECU calibrate itself to any changes and when I tested it for the blow off I noticed the exhaust smoking slightly then it stopped after about ten seconds. So I took the car for a trip round the block I noticed my trip computer going crazy on the mpg screen, one minute it was giving the normal reading of 34.6mpg, then it was going up and down like a yo-yo to 8mpg upto 45mpg. I`ll give it a couple of days to settle down but if the engine continues its erratic behaviour then its def coming off. By the way its showing no errors on vag com so I believe the ECU has adapted to the valve, just not sure why the trip computer is acting weird.

Took the car out later tonight and its working quite fine now, trip computer has now settled down.

is this the blow of valve or recirulating one that you fitted??

if blow of then how are u finding it? does it give a nice blow of sound? any probs with it??

The simple fact is your venting metered air into the atmosphere.

This WILL **** with the engines fuelling, even if the valve claims to split the charge, its still dumping some of the charge which the engine has already fuelled for. Its not something the ECU can "learn". How can it possibly learn when some of the air its metered for is going to vanish?

If you want the chav noise, fine. If you want a car that works properly, fit a proper recirculating dump valve.

A Re-circ plus a "performance" air filter and a drilled airbox should still give you some tishh noise, without the venting issues.

Unless your engine is wildly tuned with BT and suchlike, the 710N will do the job just as well as any aftermarket forge wotsit, at a quarter of the cost.

I have had a GFB dump valve for over four years and have been fine and dandy.

I can switch it to resurc if I like but I have mine on blow off.

I have never heard of an engine failing due to this or have not felt any loss in performance.

If I have any loss in performance it is next to nothing

I think its an old wives tail and people have jumped on the band wagon.

Its not so much a loss of performance, it can just cause the engine to run a bit oddly.

For example on a gearchange, your ECU adds fuel for air thats no longer present, this means that when you jam the throttle open again, theres a short period of time when the mixture is overrich which would cause the motor to bog down slightly.

Similarly, you could get into the scenario where if your driving around doing lots of gearchanges, say in town or something, the ecu would start trying to adapt out the rich mixture that occurs, but the adaptions are global values, so you could end up with n% of fuel being pulled out across the rev range becuase the ecu is trying to correct for air that your dump valve is dumping, its a bit like a vacuum leak, but instead of it being there all the time, its there completely randomly.

Some engines take really badly to it, and will become really hesitant etc, i presume the idea of this Splitter valve is to try to cure that by only venting a % of the air to the atmosphere, when inreality, the cure is to put it back to the way the manufacturer intended.

Out of curiosity about this much vaunted 710 DV, on a FWD 1.8t how involved a task is installation? What is the standard unit called?

Mucho pennies?

It sits just infront of the turbo, behind the radiator.

Pretty easy to swap out from underneath.

You want a 710N from a TT225, they're about £25