EM TuningChris Nott
    Lord wont u buy me a V10 R8!

Status

Bosch Aerotwin Retrofit Wiper Blades

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me if there is a kit available for a 2000 B5 S4? I've been told that Valeo are the one's available for my car??But I've heard that these have problems with the clip system. I also need to know what size's to buy, as Standard Blades are both 21".

Cheers

Nathan

2. # ADS
    ADS

Evil Incarnate

Status
    Yep - I have them on my 2000 B5 S4 ... got them from vag-parts (~£50)

4th Gear

Status
    I got some bosch one for £25 from http://www.wiperblades.co.uk
    they have the valeos aswell for about the same price

Status
    But what size's do I need? is it 2 x 530mm???

Neutral

Status
    you can get the kits off ebay for £15 ive got them on mine and they work well!

4th Gear

Status
    on the wiperblades.co.uk website you just select your car from the drop down boxes and it shows you all the blades that will fit. the drivers side is 21" (530mm) and the passengers side is 20" (500mm)

Status
    I did try to select the one's for my car, but they only show normal Bosch or Valeo Flat blades. I only want the blades, not the arms as well.

4th Gear

Status
    i think they are just the blades. Mine were anyway this is the picture of them. they just clip on your existing arms

4th Gear

Status
    ive also got the bosch aero blades on my b5, just the blades. £25 from wiperblades.co.uk

Evil Incarnate

Status
    Yes sorry - forgot to mention that the £50 price tag from vag-parts is for blades AND arms ...

2nd Gear

Status
    just orderd some from ebay for 15.95 deliverd. interested to see how good they are. the ones on the car suck so im certain that these will be a vast improvement!

Status
    Thanks for the info lads, but a few of u look like u got the pre-facelift models. Are the Arms different, cos if u go to wiperblades.co.uk, they list them up 2 98', but not from then onwards, and mine is 2000 model???Help! I want Bosch!

VW + Audi mad

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo2182
    Thanks for the info lads, but a few of u look like u got the pre-facelift models. Are the Arms different, cos if u go to wiperblades.co.uk, they list them up 2 98', but not from then onwards, and mine is 2000 model???Help! I want Bosch!
    I reckon you should be OK; having been looking at www.wiperblades.co.uk myself under A4 Avant (as thinking about getting a set myself!) they list the Bosch Aerotwin retrofit as 94-01, part number AR530S?
    If you then look at A4 saloon it comes up with same Bosch part number but years upto Dec 1998?
    Its probably a glitch and reckon you'd be fine ordering the Bosch ones for your 2000..................
    '99 Ming Blue A4 Avant TDi SE 110 + Dragon Performance Tuning Box
    Factory sunroof / Cruise / Aircon + Climate / Royale Blue leather

'72 1302LS Karmann Beetle Cabrio Silbermetallic

'63 Karmann Ghia Sunroof Coupe Pacific Blue

Status
    Lets go 4it then! 21" + 20" yer? thanks 4all help guys

Neutral

Status
    anyone have the Valeo Ultimate wiper blades?

and what is the "problem" with the clip, that the OP posted about?

VW + Audi mad

Status
    Well, I ordered a set of the Bosch Aerotwin retrofit blades online from www.wiperblades.co.uk on Tuesday night and they arrived this morning!
    Fitting was a doddle and they look a lot better than the old conventional blades which were up for renewal anyway......
    The only fly in the ointment is that there doesn't seem (yet) to be an Aerotwin retrofit blade for the rear wiper on the Avant, so it looks like us Avant owners would have to buy a later style Aero wiper arm and blade if we really wanted to go down that route at the rear...........
    Think will see how the new wipers perform before I go rushing to replace the current rear set-up though............

Neutral

Status

Smile

I got a set of Bosch Aero ones from wiperblades.co.uk but the passenger side isn't curved like the OEM's so doesn't contact properly - has no-one else found this or am I missing something?
    2000 Black A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro Sport 221bhp
    AmD Viper DV, remap, Milltek exhaust, 18" alloys, RS4 Mirrors, Grille and Spoiler
    Uprated speakers, CD changer and Rockford Fosgate amp/12" sub

VW + Audi mad

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy
    I got a set of Bosch Aero ones from wiperblades.co.uk but the passenger side isn't curved like the OEM's so doesn't contact properly - has no-one else found this or am I missing something?
    The Bosch 'normal' blades I took off were indeed curved on the passenger side; the blurb on the Bosch website reckons that the retrofit blades are designed to match the windscreen profile of each vehicle in the retrofit range (which isn't that big at the moment...).
    To be honest I haven't found the lack of a curved blade a problem, I did a 400 mile round trip yesterday and encountered a few periods of torrential rain and the Aerotwin wipers were superb, a lot better than conventional blades for sure......

1st Gear

Status
    If I may input my experience, I have ordered some Bosh from wiperblades.co.uk and fitted them really easily, the first instant of satisfaction gone, I have indeed noticed that the contact was not proper on the passenger side and now it leaves a mess on the far left side when the windshield is dusty. I also have and impression that even on the driver side the left end bit doesn't contact the windshield properly: whenever it passes, it jerks off some big water drops on the passenger side after the wipe.

TBH, the result is ok but how could we change (the arms maybe ?!) to have the blades contacting the windshield properly? Is there a way to have some "real" aeroblade "arms" made especially for them?

Thank for the advice.

Cheers.

1st Gear

Status
    i contacted the website above and they said they do not do the Bosh blades only the valeo ones?

2000 facelift 1.8T

Neutral

Status
    That's where mine came from, maybe they stopped selling them... The drivers side was fine but the passenger side fouled the plastic underneath the windscreen (unless I took the arm off and moved it up one spline). Either way the fit was not that good so I didn't use them. Not good to list them for a particular vehicle when they are just a generic size not model specific.
    AmD Viper DV, remap, Milltek exhaust, 18" alloys, RS4 Mirrors, Grille and Spoiler

2nd Gear

Status
    got the cheapy ones from ebay thought; they are alot better than the old ones but the drivers one flutters at the tip leaving lines of water on the screen near on the middle 3rd of the swipe. i swapped them over and it was exactly the same with the other blade, and the ones i took off do it too; i assume it is down to the design of the screen or i have somthing on there? do all A4 b5s do this?

VW + Audi mad

Status
    Have to admit that the recent postings on this thread have got me stumped!
    Are we all talking about the same products here?
    My blades came from wiperblades.co.uk , were delivered last week and are the Bosch Retrofit 'Aerotwin' which fit onto the old-style arms.
    Fit is perfect and so is their performance?
    Would be most interested to hear if you are indeed having difficulties with the same type as me as I've been raving about my new wipers recently to everybody who will listen.........
    Last edited by Nessy; 23rd July 2007 at 20:11.

Neutral

Status

Question

I don't understand then, my passenger side Bosch is definatley not a good fit due to lack of curvature, unless Bosch have changed them OR you are using a different part number. Mine were Bosch AR530S. Maybe I need a different part number.

VW + Audi mad

Status
    I don't understand then, my passenger side Bosch is definatley not a good fit due to lack of curvature, unless Bosch have changed them OR you are using a different part number. Mine were Bosch AR530S. Maybe I need a different part number.
    Mmmm, curiouser and curiouser! Mine are AR530S too!
    When you say lack of curvature is a problem, just how much does the passenger side blade not sit correctly?On mine the last 1 inch (ie the tip) of the passenger side blade sits about 3mm proud of the screen, but once the wiper starts wiping its arc towards the drivers side it soon touches the screen?
    One last thing as a thought, does the box your AR530S blades come in say 'for right hand drive' as mine does?
    Last edited by Nessy; 23rd July 2007 at 20:31.

Hate those none insured you know who types

Status
    Carlisle, Cumbria. Not Geordie nor Scotch!
    Hmmmm I have got bosch blades on at the moment, and imo the champion blades I had on previous were a better blade. But I`ll stick with the bosch ones for the time being as I dont wanna spend anymore cash on the car this month.
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Soon I'll post a picture or a video even. GRUNT GRUNT.

'96 a4 1.8 se

Status
    give the guys a call and talk it through with them. they are very helpful. i ordered the valeo ones originally and wasn't happy with the fit of them as the locking mechanism kept opening on its own. they swapped out no probs for a set of bosch ones, which fit perfectly.

Neutral

Status
    I did, they were happy for me to send them back, just didn't get round to it... I have no problem at all with wiperblades.co.uk!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessy
    One last thing as a thought, does the box your AR530S blades come in say 'for right hand drive' as mine does?
    I will check this...

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    you can get a rear Aero blade for the B5 Avant - it is just made for a 8E car(think that is the B6 chassis). I got one from a guy on German eBay.

I got OEM aero wipers for a B6 and had some brass adapters made to fit the spindle, they work OK but stick up a little. Got them cheap so it is a temp measure

looking at VAG parts for new arms for the front now