Need advice on big upgrade project!

dappadan786

Reaction score
hi everyone,

im new to this community and learning alot as i go along, im sure my inexperience will obviously show. im a proud owner of a Audi A4, 1.8T sports and theres a few things i would like to do it and would appreciate any recomendations or objections.

Mods so far:

* Tints
* crystal side indicators
* 3G brakes discs slotted and drilled with green stuff(crap!)
* custom Powerflow Exhaust(bad decision the installer on that day was a complete idiot! exhaust loose and the tip he put was too big, it ended up touchin the bumper and burnt the plastic!)
* ECU remap courtesy of dnatuning

Mods planned:

1. K04 hybrid turbo upgrade from either AET turbo or Turbo Dynamics! i know theres a company called ATP and they do big turbo kits!
2. Forge FMIC (on its way!)
3. APR R1 Diverter Valve(as recomended in previous thread)
4. BMC induction(as recomended in previous thread) Carbonio looks better under the hood, any1 got it installed?
5. Exhaust Manifold? any suggestions? i hear ATP is not the best but competitively priced!
6. Hi-Flow sports CAT, so far i can only find a Milltek approx £470!!!
7. Injectors?
8. Angel eyes +HID xenon Kit
9. suspension Koni Shocks + eibach springs i hear is a good combo. any other suggestions?
10. Sports clutch? no ideas yet but ive been told will need replacing as stock will wear out alot quicker.
11. Big Brake kit was looking at porsche calipers + larger discs but working out abit expensive. May settle for the TT calipers + A6 discs. any other suggestions?

do i also need the following with the K04 upgrade?

*turbo compressor inlet hose? APR or neuspeed? both look good!
*throttle body hose? APR looks good!

any other parts that i will need or can be recomended with the above set up?

Ive seen one those Blitz controllers heres a link h**p://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ProductItem-312.aspx would it be worth installing one and advantages apart from th eye candy factor???

thank you for your help in advance.

regards,
Dan

wow looks like you have a monster in the making, i didnt know AET made an k04 upgrade for our cars. im going with the GT2871r from ATP turbo. which is good for 350bhp.

im also after a clutch i might get a south bend or an RS4 with uprated flywheel but im still looking in to this.

i have just fitted the ATP manifold and i like it its a pain to fit , as for the hi flow cat i went with ATP's 3" cat de cat pipe and when i come upto Mot time i will just swap them around.

as for injectors i think this down to who ever is going to tune your motor for you .

craig

Hi Craig,

thanks mate cant wait to get this project going im hoping to order most the parts by this friday and have it all installed ASAP!

yeh, i rang AET and they can do a hybrid K04 for me. i contemplated the GTRS kit but its alot of power for a front wheel driving car. ive driven my mates and i couldnt get the smile of my face! car flies! the K04 gets alot of slack for being laggy and crap! but when i ask who has it installed no ones around to answer lol! i want to try it out and let the car still retain its stock driving.

you got a nice car mate! mines standard no body kit or bumpers! as soon as i put em on i know for sure someones going to scrape them or bump in to them.:gun2::gun2::gun2:

regards,
Dan

will do, im not going to have the time to fit it myself my local garage is going to do it for me im going to leave my digicam with so they can take lots of pics.

John @ dnatuning.com, ive got his remap on the car at the moment! top lad! good prices too! I highly recomended him, he did my mates S4 2.7T and my mates porsche. he does the K04 remaps as well as the GT kits by ATP which was my first idea, but decided to go with K04.

Dan

can people tell me where they buy performance parts from i know the most common places like awesome gti & starperformance .

can anyone recomend anyone else?

thanks.

For turbo upgrades the cheapest place is the US just watch how you ship it back you could get stung. K04's For Sale

New K04-15 should cost around $750
Silicon pipes can be bought of ebay for around £140 delivered for both intake and Turbo and it comes with a few other pipes to for the price of one Samco pipe and they work great. Link

If you go K04 you will see max about 240 bhp with injectors and mapping but look at the other bigger Turbo kits from the US for not much more and you are looking at 280bhp+.

Brakes are always an issue and I would say if going K04 then the TT setup will work fine as I used this on my old 2.8 supercharged A4 on the track and had no brake fade at all. (I have PM you on a cheap set in the US)