MAF sensor adapter???

98 A4

Reaction score
I'm putting together my own intake for my 98 a4 1.8 and am wondering if i will need an MAF sensor adapter for it when i put the new intake on. Also on the stock airbox their seems to be alot of sensors and wires going into the airbox and coming out of it, what will i need to do with thos becuase i'm not sure what to do with them with the new intake. The old airbox will be taken out .

not wanting to sound condescending but if you have no idea what the sensors do how do you think you can put something together that'll be better than the standard intake that Audi spent a considerable budget on developing

might be worth doing some research on the various functions of these sensors before messing around

this might help ya, hit me up with a pm if you have any more Q's....

audi1005.jpg

Hi snoop, where did you get the u bend pipe from and any idea where i can get some of that heat shield from just my standard airbox is knackered.

jimya4t said:
Hi snoop, where did you get the u bend pipe from and any idea where i can get some of that heat shield from just my standard airbox is knackered.

i had the pipe made at powerflow, who make custom exhausts. they are very handy chaps indeed. =) as for the heatshield i got that from work, its used on the elise to stop the rear clamshell from melting as the silencer sits right below and as you know exhausts get quite hot. =)
i actually just got another one to remake mine as its started to crack from all that heat from my little K03, it lasted a good 4yrs. im sure you could go to the scrapyard and find something very simular.

dappadan786 said:
hi mate, is that the carbonio air set up?

would you highly recomend it?

thanks.

nope, its a bmc carbon dynamic airbox. to be honest its a lot of money, but it does sound the tits and MAYBE pulls a little harder up top.

snoop said:
nope, its a bmc carbon dynamic airbox. to be honest its a lot of money, but it does sound the tits and MAYBE pulls a little harder up top.

sweet! looks like BMC is on the shopping list. i was going to go for the carbonio kit which is alot more than the BMC!

thanks mate. :icon_thumright:

cheers snoop a just work around the corner from powerflow al pop in tomorrow.

Ensure you use the complete MAF body, or if you just use the sensor, a similar flowing tube/housing, or the MAF flow/temp readings will be off.