weitec / g-max or FK for comfort?

rick the spud

Reaction score
been quoted about £200-£250 for g-max and FK, slightly more for weitec.

what's the best for comfort and ride? needs to be comfy and not harsh. :jump:

coilovers or shocks and springs...?

Spuddy

Keep clear of g-max i had these on my old a4 for a while and it used to bounce to much.

anything else to change while all thats out? think the cv's might be going!

someone said change the bushes as well. which ones?

I had GMAX was like haveing beach balls as tyres rubbish ride quality

Avoid G-Max like you would dipping your genitals in a tank full of starved pirhana.

Cheap shoddy built rubbish. I know a lot of people in the Ford scene that have had issues with the spring platform cracking where it mounts to the shock body and I have a friend who was involved in a nasty accident as a result of the platform failing completely. Wouldn't even fit them to a wheelie bin.

Deffo going for Koni top adjustables on my A4 come MOT time

Got FK coilovers on mine, nice and comfy, easilt bareable day today, only really had em for the height adjustment though as running 19s, no issues as of yet though.

thats the fk's i have, highsports, depends how serious you're going, not for ultimate handling, but great to live with for "normal!" road driving, and the allows the perfect height to be set. A happy medium between expensive harsh ride coilovers and simple spring and damper set up.

Weitec are good from what i have heard, you may as well spend and get a decent set to start with like the FKs that stapo69 has as it can be an **** to change them and then doing it twice coz you dont like as it was cheap rubbish like gmax is just a waste of time.

Yes GMAX are the softest sport around like surfing obese people would be a very soft sport :) there not worth the money IMO i have had them and they were rubbish way to soft and bouncey

Yeah do they do a damper adjustable set ? like the FK konig ?

Its not a problem having to take them off its the fact that if you buy a set that are two hard then your screwed from the off set unless you can return them.
Im interested in the Witec if they are comfort based but still give the same drops that the FK do.

let us know how you get on with the GTN's

DPM- are jamex coilovers much good, need a cheap, stiffer coilover, but budget only around 300-350 at moment, will get H&R's next year but need something in the meantime.

got me weitecs on, finally. look the tits, bit too low at the mo!, but the ride is not as comfy as i'd like. so:
1. any tricks to make it softer?
2. is it true - the lower the front the tighter the ARB? if so, if i raise it up on the front will that make it more comfy as the ARB will not be so tight.
3. will 17" wheels with 225/45/17 tyres be more comfy than 18" wheels with 225/40/18 as there is more side wall?

cheers guys

The only thing i can think is for you to pu 17 inch wheels on your car as there is more tire, hence it would not be as harsh. Would only make a bit of a difference though as its only 1 inch.

rick the spud said:
got me weitecs on, finally. look the tits, bit too low at the mo!, but the ride is not as comfy as i'd like. so:
1. any tricks to make it softer?
2. is it true - the lower the front the tighter the ARB? if so, if i raise it up on the front will that make it more comfy as the ARB will not be so tight.
3. will 17" wheels with 225/45/17 tyres be more comfy than 18" wheels with 225/40/18 as there is more side wall?

cheers guys

Tyres can make a difference you can get 18s with a 45 sidewall but i dont think you will notice that much difference. The lower the car is like you said the harder the ride quality.