Am I asking too much??

eastside_valver

Reaction score
I've been trying to sell my '96 b5 1.8T Sport Avant but I'm getting very little interest.
It's done just under 94k miles and is in very good condition,MOTd til May '08 and taxed til Feb '08,I've dropped the asking price from £2750 to £2500 but have only had one person to look at it.
Is it too dear??

I don't know but the market is really bad right now. Really bad. I have to sell my 2.8Q in a week or so and i'm not looking forward to what i'm going to get for it.

paid £3500 for my 2000 (x) facelift 1.8T sport in kingfisher blue, same mileage and 12 months mot and full Audi s/h

Sounds like you've asked about the right kind of money but it can take ages to sell a car. You'll maybe have to hang on for the right buyer. And depends where your selling? Tried the usual suspects like Pistonheads

It's getting to the point that you'd be better dismantling the car and selling the bits off seperately on ebay. If I ever sell my 2.8Q I know I'd get more for even the easily removable items:
Leather interior - £400
HU - £100
CD changer - £80
Wheels/tyres - £300
OEM spare £50
Bonnet - £50
Speakers - £40
Doors - £120
That's £1100 already, my car can only be worth £1,500 with 160k on it. It's complete madness.