Boost gauge

jazzyc

Reaction score
i want to fit a boost gauge to my car but am unsure where to locate it.

could anyone who has done this please post up some pics of theres so i can get an idea of where to put it and what it looks like there.

thanks

also, any gauges that you recommend and where to get them.

AWE vent gauge, comes complete, mounted in a vent pod ready to pop into one of the centre vents in the dash, good colour match for the existing lighting and works a treat, about 180 quid with pipes and wiring

they are not cheap then!

didnt realise gauges/kits were that much

like the idea of colour match but cant run to that kinda cost. Thought we were looking at £20 touch for a gauge

ok here is mine! not as flash as docs, but it matches the dash lights perfect and gets the job done!

94353-DSCN0226.jpg

thanks for the pics docurley

like the metal rings you have round the dials. Where did you get them from?

snoop said:
ok here is mine! not as flash as docs, but it matches the dash lights perfect and gets the job done!

like what you have done here, quite simple but looks good. This is the kind of thing i am after.

Where did you get the gauge and was it much work to put in?

jazzyc said:
like what you have done here, quite simple but looks good. This is the kind of thing i am after.

Where did you get the gauge and was it much work to put in?

i was lucky and got the gauge of a mate for cheap, cant remember for sure but i think they go for about £20 new, took the inside of the vent out, and had a mate lay up fibreglass over the vent, cut a hole, bit of alcantara, job done.

jazzyc said:
thanks for the pics docurley

like the metal rings you have round the dials. Where did you get them from?

ebay i belive, if you use the search button you can find out for sure!

Just standard quattro sport faces as fitted by Herr Audi... I guess they look a little different due to flash reflection?

Ahhhh!
They are Saber gauges from Tweakit in Australia (!)
shhh, don't tell anyone, but they're just over £50 each at current exchange rates - Bargain!

I just recently bought a boost gauge and am wondering where exactly will i want to install the sensor for the boost gauge? Does anyone have pics on how to install it? Thanks

Hi mate I put mine in the vent too, took 5 minutes with a dremmel, really easy to do and seems the best place for it!
will try and get a picture