a bit of weekend Maintenance

Danielson

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
alright people, i treated the ole girl to some fresh gerbox oil yesterday and some new plugs today. first off let me tell you guys change your gear oil if you havent already. this has made a huge difference, so much smoother shifts. and the car just feels a lot smoother. cost me £11 for the oil from gsf. well worth the money.

now for the spark plugs, i was running denso iridium svk20's and truth be told i did notice a little difference when i fitted these, but maybe that was because the stock bosch plugs had seen there best.
after a little search on here and audizine i decided to try the ngk bkr6e plugs gapped at 0.028.
now these plugs are copper plugs and dont last as long as your platinum/iridium plugs, it is reccomended to change them every 5k. and at £6.70 for four (gotta love ebay) they were cheaper than one denso plug.
the car pulls very hard now, even over 5000rpm the power doesnt seem to drop off like before. and even at part throttle she just wants to rip. as you can probably tell im pleased with this weekends little tune up and thought i would share my findings. keep enjoying that b5 peeps! =)

never assume, i really dont know about the drain plug on your quattro, i would think its the same, but i do know the haynes manual will tell you all you need to know.

Nice one Snoop :) sounds like it made a difference i have been meaning to change my plugs etc and do a mini service etc but im saving fot the Cam belt :( it needs doing again according to Audi.

It was changed by main dealer at 30k OMG which is weird but now at 100k needs doing again....

I think ill try those plugs if any as they sound like they have livened up the old girl :)

Was thinkin of changing my gear box oil too. Am I right in saying you need a 17mm hex key for the filler plug?

Markey said:
Nice one Snoop :) sounds like it made a difference i have been meaning to change my plugs etc and do a mini service etc but im saving fot the Cam belt :( it needs doing again according to Audi.

It was changed by main dealer at 30k OMG which is weird but now at 100k needs doing again....

I think ill try those plugs if any as they sound like they have livened up the old girl :)

alright fella, really impressed with the plugs mate, put a nice grin on my face on the way home from the local shell, i got me some v power as a special little treat for her.
strange they changed the cb at 30k, i was brave/stupid and waited till 80k, now on 105k so i got a little while to go yet. good to see you back in a A4 mate.

Hammy said:
Was thinkin of changing my gear box oil too. Am I right in saying you need a 17mm hex key for the filler plug?

yup, big ole 17mm hex with security pin in the middle. i borrowed one from a very nice young man. =)

snoop said:
well my haynes covers the quattro, and it's for a passat/A4

Mines a B6, the B5 has a manual, not available for the B6 yet.

No problem how difficult/easy is it to change i have no idea how to do it :)